Page 73 of 659 FirstFirst ... 236366676869707172737475767778798083123173573 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

I was hoping we'd give Brighton a better bumming than we did last night, especially after City rimmed and bummed Newcastle out of sight. They bummed Newcastle's star into a universe actually.
    Bummer...!
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

And by the way, bumming isn't strictly the domain of the gays and homosexuals....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pegging
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Jesus got nailed

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    And you find hammering to be an appropriate term... what next did we beat them, smash them, obliterate them, pummel them, rob them of points.
    Is there any way of describing winning without demeaning those who did not win ?
    Must we make losers by the virtue of winning.

1 point maximum from here on out please, a shared point is a caring point.
    Do our lads give a shit about our various oppositions feelings at all !!

A hammer and hammering is a violent action, a symbol of the patriarchy and also the brutal oppression of communist dictators. Synonomous with building and the brutal insertion of a steel nails typically into wood. Wood that formerly was a tree before it was cut down and transformed against its will into a plank. Such a degrading process really and all so humans can believe themselves to be superior to animals. Im gald i identify as a spirit only to be opressed into taking a physical form and basic human responsibilites be the man.

I suggest we ban actual hammers, any depictions of hammers and from here on out ban hammer and hammering as hate speech, we can make nests in trees like birds or if you feel that might be misandrist or absuing trees some other form might be preferable.
    Would you use the term 'bumming a team' anywhere else but an online football forum, for example a pub full of people?

Tbh I don't like the term

Could use something else

" Let's win lads - come on ! "

What are the alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Jesus got nailed
    Nice grave you have there.

Be a shame if someone rose from it.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Jesus got nailed
    I didnt forget that, i was just keeping my post short and on point. The persecution of christ and the unnamed tree.

I hope youre not forgetting those nails struck the cross he was nailed on too, a cross formerly known as tree. Or a you a human supremacist

Ive shown solidarity with trees beforehand on the forum, citing the radical reduction of trees in the last few millenia. Stating how with the global population we could easily plant trillions of trees. 7 Billion people planting a few hundred trees(up to a thousand) equals trillions of trees.
    Iirc estimates state there are 3 trillion trees and yet some people believe there are too many trees and are spreading propoganda that we need to reduce the numbers of trees and christians.

Have you posted your solidarity with trees, silence is violence, disagree with me and you show your bigotree.

So dicko are you a human supremacist tied to a pole ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Would you use the term 'bumming a team' anywhere else but an online football forum, for example a pub full of people?
    Oh, i see, im irish and in a pub full of irish drunkards

Well on the question of what i might say, or might have said prior to my recent conversion, were i to be in such a setting, well i cant say ive used that term beforehand, as in "bumming a team" itself.

I might have said lets smash, kill, hammer, fuck em up even, pummel etc

If i was watching a game v a team with a friend who supported that team, i could easily see myself saying ye got bummed if it was a 'bumming', maybe more of a with hindsight it was a bumming. But id probably go for ye got killed, anihilated or slaughtered.
    Or if they were watching barca v manu in a cl final i might have actually said bummer whilst trying and failing to conceal my delirious joy at their loss. Theyd have known only too well i wasnt rooting for manu.
    Obviously if they had won, id have endured some vitriolic slagging in return.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Oh, i see, im irish and in a pub full of irish drunkards

Well on the question of what i might say, or might have said prior to my recent conversion, were i to be in such a setting, well i cant say ive used that term beforehand, as in "bumming a team" itself.

I might have said lets smash, kill, hammer, fuck em up even, pummel etc

If i was watching a game v a team with a friend who supported that team, i could easily see myself saying ye got bummed if it was a 'bumming', maybe more of a with hindsight it was a bumming. But id probably go for ye got killed, anihilated or slaughtered.
    Or if they were watching barca v manu in a cl final i might have actually said bummer whilst trying and failing to conceal my delirious joy at their loss. Theyd have known only too well i wasnt rooting for manu.
    Obviously if they had won, id have endured some vitriolic slagging in return.
    Nothing to do with being Irish, it was just an example. How would tea room, church meeting or any other public gathering suit you? I used pub as that's the go to for people who talk about football and in most cases go to watch football.
    Last edited by Aldo1988; 9th July 2020 at 10:21 AM.

Personally I have never thought of the term in a homophobic context - probably because I find the humour simply in the word ‘Bum’. I am childish in that way. Used to sing ‘Rubber Bum Bum‘ at Christmas ( still do ) at school and still hold that immature toilet humour.

So when I hear the term ‘bumming’ or ‘bummed’ ( ) it doesn’t conjure up images of a sexual nature, orientation or anything other than the pair of cheeks that part on the crapper. At least that is my conscious perception.

I suppose we all see things differently.

I guess I have heard mention of the term used in the male humping male scenario to be fair - and perhaps this is another root of the humour for me. Not sure really.

It’s a bummer.