Page 75 of 659 FirstFirst ... 256568697071727374757677787980818285125175575 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That would be very offensive to a Christian. Would anyone dare say anything similar about the Koran?

Very, very much doubt it.
    Except that is is totally PC and fully acceptable to say what you like about Christians.

They are fair game.

I remember a lecturer of mine suggesting.. Let's just wait for it all to go full circle. Allow speech be totally restricted - push peoples true opinions and thought underground until the same groups of people who left their native lands or geographical area - in search of more freedom - wake up to the fact that they have created the very hell they fled from in the first place.

So you agree your comment on the Koran being a fairytale would be as offensive to those who believe in it, as the bumming comment is to the LGBGT community Aldo?

Good. Because that is my point, if you are quite happy to offend one large section of the community, I wouldn’t be too quick to criticise someone for doing the same to another.
    People in glass houses is the phrase I am looking for.

So you agree your comment on the Koran being a fairytale would be as offensive to those who believe in it, as the bumming comment is to the LGBGT community Aldo?

Good. Because that is my point, if you are quite happy to offend one large section of the community, I wouldn’t be too quick to criticise someone for doing the same to another.
    People in glass houses is the phrase I am looking for.
    So being agnostic is on par with being homophobic?

We are getting to the stage where it is very difficult not to “offend” someone at some point during any given 24 hour period.

If you dont believe in religion or God are your beleifs being offended by Religious people then?

We are getting to the stage where it is very difficult not to “offend” someone at some point during any given 24 hour period.
    I am offended by the word 'period' - don't you know.. it's 'the curse'.. . oops

Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is not an essential part of being agnostic. Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is just offensive and if you can’t see that it’s quite disappointing. Personally I’d get off your moral high horse in pulling up Nineteen on what you say as a homophobic comment if you think it’s ok to have a go at the Muslim community.

Your suggestion that he wouldn’t say it in a tea room was a strange one. He’s on an internet football forum.

Exactly. That really is the whole overall point. Our human culture now us turning into one of wanting to be acknowledged for being offended or noterietey for being excluded or highlighted. All driven by social media.

It’s a minefield eggy. My point was about the holier than thou attitude in pulling up someone for offending one section of the community when they are quite happy to do it to another.

Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is not an essential part of being agnostic. Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is just offensive and if you can’t see that it’s quite disappointing. Personally I’d get off your moral high horse in pulling up Nineteen on what you say as a homophobic comment if you think it’s ok to have a go at the Muslim community.

Your suggestion that he wouldn’t say it in a tea room was a strange one. He’s on an internet football forum.
    I was just enquiring if CCTV would happily use the term in different situations. I'd happily stay on my moral high horse if I feel I have to call out people who use a term which I believe to be homophobic.