Page 84 of 659 FirstFirst ... 347477787980818283848586878889909194134184584 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

And...

Can we sign this guy..?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Why is it nuts...?
    The bigger picture of them buying the World's most expensive goalkeeper and they look like they're going to have to replace him with the World's most expensive goalkeeper just a couple of years later.

So wasteful.

The money wasted by Utd, Chelsea and City is mind blowing.
    Klopp wasted £5m on Karius.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The bigger picture of them buying the World's most expensive goalkeeper and they look like they're going to have to replace him with the World's most expensive goalkeeper just a couple of years later.

So wasteful.
    It is all relative I guess - relative to Roman's wealth what is £90 million. It is nuts in that sense - peanuts.

FFP has been shown up for the farce that it always was.. So It's no more Mickey Mouse Bullshit..!

On that note - I think it's best to simply watch this.. again and again.. and.... perhaps again..

Last edited by Steveo; 15th July 2020 at 10:24 AM.

Apparently we have some interest in Talles Magno - an as yet unproven teenager currently playing in Brazil - maybe cost £5m
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJwsh30-vBY
    Never heard this name before but he looks to have a lot of raw promise from the video clip

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The money wasted by Utd, Chelsea and City is mind blowing.
    Klopp wasted £5m on Karius.
    If Karius had a good end of season , who knows we may never had won what we have since as Big Ali might have went elsewhere.

I like to look at it as one step back, 5 steps forward after that Champions league final.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If Karius had a good end of season , who knows we may never had won what we have since as Big Ali might have went elsewhere.

I like to look at it as one step back, 5 steps forward after that Champions league final.
    Doesnt bear thinking about. So lucky he had that bad game pre season when Klopp made his mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post

Oh yes - you never know what is around the corner. What if we had won the title in 2009? 2014..? Who knows - Klopp likely would not have been here at all...

If Robbins doesn’t score that FA cup goal for Fergie’s failures... ?

Hehe - it goes on and on

If we don't end up with Thiago (that's if the rumours were ever true in the first place). but if we don't end up signing him. I wonder if Marko Grujić will finally get a chance with us?? rather than being forever on loan
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If we don't end up with Thiago (that's if the rumours were ever true in the first place). but if we don't end up signing him. I wonder if Marko Grujić will finally get a chance with us?? rather than being forever on loan
    With Hendo, Gini, Fabinho, Keita, Ox, Milner and Jones I can't see Grujic getting many minutes...