Page 86 of 659 FirstFirst ... 367679808182838485868788899091929396136186586 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Fabian Ruiz is set to commit his future to Napoli until the summer of 2025 with the reported Liverpool target on the verge of agreeing a new £90,000-a-week contract at the Stadio San Paolo, according to AS.

While absolutely no one is claiming that the Premier League champions are amongst the biggest victims of a global health disaster, Liverpool’s transfer plans have still been severely affected by a financial crisis of unprecedented proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Not even a 'skilful' one who could help unlock stubborn defences like Burnley's?
    I'm with Noods on this one (as usual). If we get him on the cheap, we should be all over that like stink on a pig.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'm with Noods on this one (as usual). If we get him on the cheap, we should be all over that like stink on a pig.
    Pig'ist.

But in this case I will have to say.. Oink Oink

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah until he's out most of the season like Lallana, sign him up.

Especially in the EPL.

At least he might "unlock" defenses in a few games before he gets injured!! pretty sure, the skill of salah mane and firmino already do that often enough, problem is noone can stick it in the net!!!

Not to mention fabinho VVD Henderson Keita Ox, TAA,and robertson.. that all provide this in a way.

Not the problem, or issue.

We create more than enough chances, just can't hit a barn door sometimes, finishing v burnley was outright shocking, enough chances was created we didn't take them, end of story, same story for the atletico game...

Not to mention age also, if we've got limited money I don't know why we'd sign him, or risk signing him.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th July 2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah ignore the facts we have had the best defence over the last 2 seasons..and Gomez and Matip have been part of it.
    Matip is injury prone and Gomez is still inconsistent/error prone. Our defence is good, but not perfect. Our defence is good namely because of VVD and Alisson (all the evidence shows that), and also because most other teams are more concerned with trying to deal with our front three rather than trying to score themselves. When other teams (notably those with quick, skilful players) do have a go and/or we lose the ball between the halfway line and our box, our defence can still be got at.

Klopp will not use an out and out DM, therefore if we want to improve our defence (even if just a little) it makes sense to improve on the 'weakest' part of it which at the moment is VVD not having a good, fit and consistent partner next to him.

If anyone is happy to continue with exactly what we've currently got, then I'm happy for them. I however always look to improve, especially when you are in a position of strength, and/or your/our rivals are definitely going to do all they can to try and improve.

I don't know enough of Thiago Alcantara to say whether we should be buying him or not. I was just commenting on my opinion that having a quick, skilful midfielder wouldn't do our ability to unlock stubborn defences any harm.

I was just commenting on my opinion that having a quick, skilful midfielder wouldn't do our ability to unlock stubborn defences any harm.
    How very dare you. ..!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    How very dare you. ..!
    I know. I shall engage in a bit of 'self flagellation' later as punishment.

I don't know enough of Thiago Alcantara to say whether we should be buying him or not. I was just commenting on my opinion that having a quick, skilful midfielder wouldn't do our ability to unlock stubborn defences any harm.
    And i'm just stating my opinion????

Probably only person we'll get as it's looking likely or w/e

Won't complain but rather get another player who can score / play in forward positions or a CB/LB

waste of 30m if it's true, which in today's climate, age and the fact he's spent most of the last years injured, is quite expensive, I assume his wages and agent fees will be high too.

At least we'll get a few more million for lovren!!!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th July 2020 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    And i'm just stating my opinion????

Probably only person we'll get as it's looking likely or w/e

Won't complain but rather get another player who can score / play in forward positions or a CB/LB

waste of 30m if it's true, which in today's climate, age and the fact he's spent most of the last years injured, is quite expensive, I assume his wages and agent fees will be high too.

At least we'll get a few more million for lovren!!!
    Why are you getting so worked up? Have I or anyone else said that you aren't entitled to voice your opinion, or that there is any kind of 'issue' with it? If I'm not going to take major umbrage with an individual or two who had issues with Gerrard, I'm unlikely to get worked up over differences in our take on transfers.

I'd also rather get a quality CB, a quick, skilful player who can play in any of the front three positions, and someone who can fill in nicely for either FB. However it's much more likely that we'll get one or two 'value' players at most.