Page 90 of 659 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100140190590 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

if you say so, salah should be doubling his goals the chances he gets, but we don't create anything with front 3, TAA, Robertson, VVD fabinho Keita Henderson etc.

Absolutely bollocks.

Look how many shit chances/shots we had v burnley, and look again tonight, look at atletico

Absolute shite.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th July 2020 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Agree

He creates shit, we don't need another player for midfield, all of them can create.......

we just don't score enough.
    Have you analyzed the football data to make that true ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Have you analyzed the football data to make that true ?
    My eyes, every game we've struggled to score, we've wasted so many chances and efforts.... or made the goalkeeper look world class...

Torres in his prime would score 30+ in this team easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Torres in his prime would score 30+ in this team easily.
    I have this chat with my friend Eddie a lot!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I have this chat with my friend Eddie a lot!
    What about Suarez ? 50+

What about Suarez ? 50+
    The interesting thing about the Torres/Suarez issue for me is Bobby. Suarez of the 3 the best plauer might even say by far. I loved Torres on his day in from of a Gerrard, counter attacking style he was deadly. A real fox in the box. But the debate would be would you trade a Bobby for a Torres. Bobby makes Salah and Mane score so much. He defends from the front. He is a false 9 a creator in chief. He is not the deadliest but when I look at the make up of the team.

Torres would be the one making the run in behind but that would negate Mo and Mane so they would have less numbers. Also we don't have a artful forget in the middle and Bobby becomes that link. With a Torres/Mane/Salah u would have to play a 2 in mid. That 2 would be a Alonso and Gerrard but again for me neither were a pure 6. Xabi beautiful in a 2 or ball dominating 3 (high press defense as well). Stevie in his latter days played pivot but we all know as a pure defensive plauer he wasn't the best and most disciplined. So if he played in a 2 to accommodate that front 4 you would and away from Gerrard.

All I'm saying sometimes the other 10 make the player. It is easy to say, whilst overlooking the team mates, tactics etc.

Yes Salah for a winger could score more. For a winger his numbers are insane as well. One of the best even though he misses alot. Watch him prove us all wrong and bang in 40 next season.

What about Suarez ? 50+
    Suarez would be a Monster in this side - he's arguably one of the few players you could use to replace Firmino, even though he would fulfil that role in a completely different way.

With Torres I would be thinking about when we counter - I often feel we are at our most dangerous when we are defending a corner - if the opposition concede the ball and we get that first pass off I always back us to score! Ironically as we become more dominant in possession, we are seemingly getting less of these opportunities!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Yes
    When the block is in place it is so difficult to break down.
    All clubs have that difficult when a club sits and then counter attack.

Like you said when there is a corner against us , we break quickly their block is not in place so we have a chance.

Contrary to what people are saying, we do create chances. But we are so very wasteful.

The creativity comes from TAA and Robbo , the front 3 and the 8s.

Plus there is that long ball out from VVD or even Alisson.

Yawn...

Plenty are saying that we waste too many chances - and guess why.... ‘cause we do... Even Klopp has mentioned this many times .

Others are also quite rightly suggesting that the chance generation is rather labour intensive - this is likely a reason for so many missed opportunities too. A more incisive technically gifted creator in the middle can score goals and put them on a plate for any of our front 3...

Fernandes would have been perfect in this case...

For those of us who dare to dream of us consolidating our position at the top and perhaps fighting on more than 1.5 fronts - there is a need to add some spice to our excellent but rather workmanlike middle.

It is an area that would have benefitted us hugely in the CL both last season and this ( yes last season it was a miracle we even got out of our group - yes - before the miracle comeback v Barca ).

City allegedly have agreed terms with Fernan Torres.

Half-expecting them to go for Koulibaly and Alba now, because of the "lack of depth" they have....