Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: Jon Moss

Jon Moss

Your friend and mine, referee Jon Moss is being officially complained against by player and members of staff at Bournemouth, after he allegedly mocked the players, made fun of their position in the bottom three and general sarcastic remarks, throughout the game.
    You would think a man like him who continually makes wrong calls (especially against us by the way), is so overweight that he can't keep up with play and misses crucial events and moments, you think he would keep his head down and try to improve his reputation. Surely making fun of players, i don't mean in a banter way, but mocking a team in a relegation fight, ( a team that try to play football and don't resort to thuggery like Burnley,), surely that is not being impartial.

They are currently discussing this on the (barely) radio.

My pennies worth is that the referees/officials should be entirely impartial and focused only on refereeing the game as well as he/she can. However football players give the referees/officials dogs abuse, and as such should look at themselves and their own behaviour before criticising others.

Ideally there should be zero tolerance for abuse of referees/officials, whilst the officials should not be doing/saying anything other than matters relating to the officiating of the game. This will only happen if the FA put their foot down. With that being the case I fully expect Moss to be punished, but little if anything to be done about respect for the officials, something that was supposed to be a thing over the last couple of seasons, but was forgotten about very quickly.

Well yes you're right of course. It is especially bad to see players surrounding the ref, in his face, physically pushing him. Tottenham and City are particularly bad in this . I am glad to see that our players for the most part almost never do this. It is surely counter productive anyway. trying to remember recently didn't Mike Dean send someone off for physically pushing him in a melee.
    Having said that, there was a case last week, can't remember if it was in Spain lower leagues, or actually maybe in South America, a referee got banned for headbutting a goal keeper.

Football refs should be like rugby refs and that is the end of it.

Wasn’t this becasue they surrounded him, shouted obscenities at him and blamed him for being in a relegation battle?

From what’s been posted, all he said was “blame yourselves and not me”

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Football refs should be like rugby refs and that is the end of it.
    Spot on, and their players just get on with the game when decisions go against them. It's appaling what football refs have to deal with during the course of a game.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Talk to the ref in any sort of vaguely disrespectful manner -> direct red card. Players will be meek as mice in no time.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Spot on, and their players just get on with the game when decisions go against them. It's appaling what football refs have to deal with during the course of a game.
    All team's players would benefit from just getting on with the game and I wouldn't ever advocate red cards for the odd bit of dissent from individuals or team captains, but I would advocate them being shown to players when they surround the ref as aggressively as some teams do, first player on the scene, the instigator, red card, yellows for all the others in the group, walk away or you're all getting another one, that'd stop their appalling behaviour sharpish
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”