Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finishing from distance

Finishing from distance

Been looking through a few youtubes as there just isn't enough football with only a game a week. What I have noticed in games and watching the youtubes confirmed is we've scored almost all our goals from in the box this season, which shows great development as last years youtubes showed quite a lot of goals and a lot more goals from just outside and just inside the box. For me this is both great but I also meet it with an err of caution as I do feel at times in games there are situations in which players we know can almost rip the back of the net out with unerring accuracy from further out are no longer having a crack and while the evolution in our play is a joy to behold, I don't like seeing us pass up opportunities to smash one home from further out when they present themselves and don't want us to end up trying to walk the ball into the back of the net all the time, I think it's important to take those shots on from a bit further out some of the time when they're on, accepting the need to pick the best option/make the right decision as frequently as possible
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Its a good point, Shaq is probably the only player we've got who will have a go from distance and he hardly gets on.

Who was the last player to score from outside the box on a regular basis? probably little Phil.

The Ox has a good shot on him from distance. I think if he had a consistent run of fitness and game time he would score a few

Ox, Fabinho, Firmino, TAA and Keita.

I've said many of times that we try working the ball into the box too much and hardly ever take shots from outside the area. Think the Ox tries it more than anyone else but would like to see Shaq, Fab and Hendo take more chances with long range efforts, especially when teams pack the box (like the scum will do on Sunday).

I like finishing from distance outside of the box too. Fnaarrr... Fnaarrr....
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I find a well rehearsed play that ends with a finish in the box is much more satisfying

You ever consider opposition players give our players zero space to take a shot??. Its very compact.. Its not easy otherwise you would see tons of goals in the premier league from distance. which isn't the case.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I thought it was a thread about that Bette Midler song. Class tune that.......
    "Anno", Ill get me coat.......
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Fabinho scored a beauty earlier this season.

I seem to remember Steve McMahon scoring regularly from outside the box and no-one since. Not even Gerrard made a real habit of it. Does anyone have the stats?
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now