Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    We can only hope.

But like I said, this will most likely get overturned.

It would be some climb down from Uefa if they overturn it from here - but dirty cash does talk

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It would be some climb down from Uefa if they overturn it from here - but dirty cash does talk
    Aye.

I mean, fair play to UEFA if this stands. But if it doesn't...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Once the appeal process starts with CAS they'll still be able to play in the CL while it's 'ongoing', so it's looking likely they'll be in it next season anyway.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

There is a god apparently. Until appeal that is.

Oil FC can fuck off haha

Yep they will likely squirm their way out BUT like Bali I am surprised Uefa have gone for them.

Does anyone (CCTV perhaps) know what the actual numbers are? How much have they made up in terms of an inflated sponsorship deal and what are the rules concerning market value?

If they chose to say that the naming rights for the stadium are 500 million per year, and they only have one offer at that price, what’s to stop them using that tactic?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Aye.

I mean, fair play to UEFA if this stands. But if it doesn't...

How can they actually deny the claims though? there seems to be a lot of damaging proof, even if it was hacked to get it, it's out there now.

Appeals are fine and just, but the punishment should be doubled if you lose.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

What action the FA take? They have been banned because they have failed to comply with FFP AND have, put basically, lied about it.

This means that during the seasons this spending that saw them hugely breach FFP fair play rules all other sides were complying with, they have effectively enjoyed an advantage in signing and paying the wages of players they couldn't otherwise have had at the club.

I think the FA should impose retrospective action, docking them 12 points from their totals for each of the last 2 seasons and 12 points for each of the next 2 seasons, they have effectively won those trophies by cheating. A special ceremony should be arranged where 'the cheats' have to come to Anfield and hand last year's Premier League trophy to Hendo and the players hand their medals to our lads. Imagine if that were to happen? If we then win the Premier League this season, it wouldn't just be blue moon going into meltdown.

That should happen, but the English FA will as usual do FA even though they have a side who have in effect cheated to win trophies and cheated every other team in the Premier League and every other team in the Carabao and FA Cups

Guardiola will leave for Juventus this summer and there will be a fire sale of City players, without the revenue from Champions League and with UEFA on their case re FFP and the ways in which they have been circumventing complying with it, there is no way on this earth they can keep those players and pay their wages and be in compliance with FFP and many may look to leave for Chammpions League football, 2 seasons is a long time in a footballers career when they're at, approaching or in the middle of their peak and players will be being sold around them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I hate that City shower. Somebody on Blue Loon has actually posted "Ye and them Scouse C**ts only got 3 more years for killing loads of Italians. They're a paranoid, nasty shitty little fan base and I hope they appeal........and then get their ban and fine doubled!!!
    ........and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you no-one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefootyfan View Post
    I hate that City shower. Somebody on Blue Loon has actually posted "Ye and them Scouse C**ts only got 3 more years for killing loads of Italians. They're a paranoid, nasty shitty little fan base and I hope they appeal........and then get their ban and fine doubled!!!
    They are sickening bunch of shit bags
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century