Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says his team deserve an apology after the club successfully overturned their ban from European club competitions.

On Monday, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) cleared City of committing "serious breaches" of Financial Fair Play regulations between 2012 and 2016.

On Tuesday Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho called it a "disgraceful decision".

"What we have done is right. Jose and all the managers should know that we were damaged," said Guardiola.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
    Funny thing is, he demands respect a man convicted of doping himself and a club that's bent has a winding road.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Absolute arrogant prick. He knows exactly why they were charged, he knows it's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    According to the Guardian Pep is to be offered a new long term contract and £150m to bolster the squad.

If true, it’s just making a mockery of the game. It’s just a bottomless pit to throw at it, even when everyone else is skint.
    Absolutely. I said yesterday theyll go out and blatantly flaunt it, rub noses in it and potentially piss every competition next season.
    Their arrogance is staggering and it's all the more irritating that theres absolutely nothing that can be done now. The flood gates are open on this now.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Makes you wonder where they are getting the money from. But to investigate it, wouldn't be allowed at all
    I remember years ago having the debate with N4C about FFP. I said that I couldn't see how its policed, it's like a pharmaceutical company and their RnD research. 99% of it is more than likely non profit making or a huge percentage. They as a business dont have to justify it so how is a football club treated differently?
    They can pump as much money in as they want if they can afford it. The overall organisation they are under makes a fortune so its impossible to stop it and yesterday proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Absolutely. I said yesterday theyll go out and blatantly flaunt it, rub noses in it and potentially piss every competition next season.
    Their arrogance is staggering and it's all the more irritating that theres absolutely nothing that can be done now. The flood gates are open on this now.
    The CAS needs to be withdrawn from imo. Its an awful institution. It makes rules pointless.

You can dope as much as you want and even if you get caught see lifetime bans or severe bans reduced and then win big titles with the doping benefits.

Uefa and FFP is merely reduced to a small tax.

Pep demanding an apology is a joke; he's acting like the club didn't put a foot wrong, yet they've been fined for obstructing the investigation and were not "cleared" of wrongdoing, it's only that there wasn't SUFFICIENT evidence. Shouldn't be surprised though when you look at how some clubs have carried on, Madrid and PSG don't worry about splurging money they shouldn't as they know EUFA are toothless in the face of megamillions

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool's Knee View Post
    Pep demanding an apology is a joke; he's acting like the club didn't put a foot wrong, yet they've been fined for obstructing the investigation and were not "cleared" of wrongdoing, it's only that there wasn't SUFFICIENT evidence. Shouldn't be surprised though when you look at how some clubs have carried on, Madrid and PSG don't worry about splurging money they shouldn't as they know EUFA are toothless in the face of megamillions
    Yes but who isn't toothless in the face of megamillions...? It's mega Billions actually..

Is our government likely to chastise and sanction Saudi Arabia for the murder of a whistleblowing journalist? Or stop selling arms to the same sickening state to be used in the merciless slaughter of hundreds of thousands of desperately poor Yemenis..?

In a free market - money is king.. Justice is a game - like our so called democracy - it is pure illusion

"Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says his team deserve an apology after the club successfully overturned their ban from European club competitions"

Is he taking the piss ?
    He should shut his mouth !

I said the money would be king.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "From a personal point of view, I'm happy Manchester City can play in next season's Champions League, because if they have 12 games less, I don't see any chance for any other teams in the Premier League.

"I don't wish anything bad on anyone but I don't think it was a good day for football. Financial Fair Play (FFP) is a good idea and it is there to protect teams and the competition."

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho: "If you're not guilty you shouldn't have a fine. I don't know if Manchester City are guilty or not but either way it's a disgraceful decision."

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????
    Liverpool Echo:
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/uefa-will-hand-liverpool-financial-18591026
    Must be worth a tenner at least!