Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Pundits and media seem to be split over whether this ban will go ahead in its full effect. Some say that UEFA always back down and might just hand them a hefty fine. Others say that the thing is that city went out of their way to try to hide their dodgy dealings and fake sponsorship from UEFA scrutiny, having fallen foul of FFP before. So that is what has really narked UEFa and why many (including me) think the ban might well stand.
    One aspect not much talked about.... if you go deep in the Champion's League you can earn up to 150 million. Imagine losing that twice over two years, it will effect how much wages they can pay etc so they might have to offload some of their bigger players.
    Not many of their players I would want. Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho nearing the end of their careers. Sterling and Walker utter twats.
    However I remember an interview with De Bruyne when he was at Wolfsburg, he said that he was a boyhood Liverpool fan. (Mind you he is already 28 isn't he)

I think the ban will be reduced.Maybe a years expulsion from the champions league. If it ends up being an hefty fine. Uefa will be a bunch of weaklings and not fit for purpose.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think the ban will be reduced.Maybe a years expulsion from the champions league. If it ends up being an hefty fine. Uefa will be a bunch of weaklings and not fit for purpose.
    Hefty fine it is then I guess…
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    So in conclusion,

If u want to play in euro, u need to follow FFP.

But it doesn't apply to EPL.

But also they provided fake financial data to EPL from year 2012-16, they might be punished for that.
    Technically it does, clubs aren't allowed to be more than 105m in deficit of the income they generate, the grey area is whether or not the Premier League permit clubs to achieve this through the bogus methods UAE FC have been using. You would 'think' it should work the same, in which case were the Premier League to work with UEFA AND investigate what UAE FC have been up to in the last couple of years also, they'd have been well over the 105m deficit taking their false sponsorship and image rights out of the equation and putting the wages they've fiddled from their books back into it.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The issue is that Man City's owners tried to pump their own private equity into the club via a load of false/inflated sponsorship deals. They also refused to cooperate with UEFA's investigation, have already been found guilty of wrongdoing, and all the while have denied ever having done anything wrong.

The letter contained in this tweet (I don't know how to post the actual tweet) shows what has been going on:-

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1228415842464997377

Hm, sorry, don't quite know how to embed tweets either.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

so it actually wrong to spend your own money if u want to play in euro )

But then they caught nothing until the football leaks in 2018, so they have ''no choice'' but ban man city.

You can copy the image from twitter...

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I really think we should be a little more charitable about this situation. They may now have one or two looking for a way out and we should help them move on, any Liverpool fans in their ranks. So we need to take all on the list below.

List of Liverpool fans among Manchester City’s ranks :

1. Kevin De Bruyne.

That is all.
    Fully agree. Get them out the way for us to have a free run at the league for a few seasons fully enabling us to get back on our "perch". Only fair I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The issue is that Man City's owners tried to pump their own private equity into the club via a load of false/inflated sponsorship deals. They also refused to cooperate with UEFA's investigation, have already been found guilty of wrongdoing, and all the while have denied ever having done anything wrong.

The letter contained in this tweet (I don't know how to post the actual tweet) shows what has been going on:-

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1228415842464997377
    As if the penny has just dropped for some people. It's been obvious for years. The summer before last was when the coffee was smelt for most. 50m each on 2 full backs was when they were so utterly blatant about it and flaunting it. PSG are the same and should be having the book thrown at them too if FFP is to be upheld everywhere.