Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Having twenty league titles after years of united dominance would be beyond hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If we were to do an MBappe deal that was only made possible by a legitimate sponsor, Nike, striking a deal to pay image rights or larger sums for his endorsement to the player to make the deal possible, I've no doubt people would call foul, but that would be an entirely different thing, that would be a genuine sponsor seeing a considerable benefit in a leading world player who endorses their products being at a specific team and not financial doping by way of our owners pumping their own money into the club through dubious methods
    I don't get your logic there 19. That's pretty much what City have done in a roundabout way isn't it?
    You can't spend more than you earn. No matter how much money any organisation pumps in the facts are there in terms of money vs money out.
    I remember arguing with N4C years ago about this saying FFP wont work because the likes of City can just say the are putting money into the "business" in order to be competitive. Like a research and development arm of a pharmaceutical business. It's most likely always going to be running at loss. UEFA brought FFP in God knows how long ago and it's taken them until now to charge the biggest culprits. I fully await PSG getting this aswell as theres no way they're not guilty of the same thing.
    P.S. city of God. What a movie, haven't seen that for years. A rewatch is on.
    Last edited by teesred; 16th February 2020 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I

I’m watching ‘Sin City’ later

Got me headphones on right now in the gym listing to Guns and Roses - ‘Allardyce. City’

Take me down to Allardyce City, where the grass is green and the play is shitty

Hahahaha

Also @Taksin, I don't remember if this was the thread where we talked about FFP, but this is what I stumbled upon on twitter. No idea if it's propaganda or not (don't even know if it's all true), but it does fit well with my understanding of the concept and timeline.

Etiam si omnes, ego non

Also what's with these other clubs City have like the New York one, what's that all about ?

@Balinkay

Thanks, that's very helpful.. I was wrong. Why, the system even looks sensible; your sugar daddies can spend all they like on the stadium/infrastructure but they can't leave you with a wage bill or debt structure that would cause insolvency should they walk away. The clubs have to be breaking even. It also shows that it worked very well across Europe and that City were not the objects of the law's activity but all clubs were. Therefore, disobeying the rules is genuinely not fair on everyone.

Down with Al Mansour!
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Err... my sarcasm detector is not at its best today. Are you being serious or not?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't get your logic there 19. That's pretty much what City have done in a roundabout way isn't it?
    You can't spend more than you earn. No matter how much money any organisation pumps in the facts are there in terms of money vs money out.
    I remember arguing with N4C years ago about this saying FFP wont work because the likes of City can just say the are putting money into the "business" in order to be competitive. Like a research and development arm of a pharmaceutical business. It's most likely always going to be running at loss. UEFA brought FFP in God knows how long ago and it's taken them until now to charge the biggest culprits. I fully await PSG getting this aswell as theres no way they're not guilty of the same thing.
    It's not the same, say Nike really wanted MBappe at Liverpool and we would only give him 250k per week and Nike said to MBappe and his agent they really wanted him here, so they were willing to increase his endorsement payments by 7.5m a season if he made the move as it would be highly beneficial for them if he came here. There's no breach of FFP there, we're not spending more money than we have coming in, if Nike want to offer a player an extra 7.5m plus on his endorsement payments to move to a club that carries them as sponsor on their shirts, that's their business.

The UAE FC issue is that their alleged income from sponsors, partners and the image rights company is not legitimately money from those businesses, they are putting their own money into the club through these companies as they do not have the global following, the history or the profile to attract top sponsors who pay the amounts of money they do to Barca, Real, the flithy, Bayern, us etc to compete with us and comply with FFP, so they're fiddling the books and giving the additional money they need for wages and transfer fees to those companies to pay to give back to UAE FC as alleged sponsorship payments through their owners other businesses
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    C'mon Kev bumming aint just for gays ya know!!....Bummed my missus and ex-missus(and other lovely ladies in me past loads of times!!)....Can't beat it mun!!..(Welsh accent coming out there)...... The only downside is the occasional bit of sweetcorn on your nudger when you pull him out!!...
    Bloody hell Marty lad, trust a drummer to lower the conversation to uncharted depths. Sadly I married a catholic girl. They have very strict rules about what can enter and leave the poop shute.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!