Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Having twenty league titles after years of united dominance would be beyond hilarious
    Well we finished second in 13/14 to City.

Finished second in 18/19 to City.

And will win the League this season - so we would be on 21 titles.

Funnily enough, so would United - they finished second to City in 17/18 - so if "retrospective" titles were being handed out, that's what the tally "should" be.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I think City's transgressions only affect the timeframe 2012-2016.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Err... my sarcasm detector is not at its best today. Are you being serious or not?
    Completely serious - especially the Down with Al Mansour bit..

which bit looks sarcastic to you?
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

I don't agree with taking titles off other teams.I would rather we won the title on our own merit. Obviously Man-city have been up to no good.But that's in the past. would be great to see us over take man-united total in the next 2/3 years
    Just so we that get the feeling of seeing them squirm
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Completely serious - especially the Down with Al Mansour bit..

which bit looks sarcastic to you?
    Huh - cool.

I dunno, the overwhelming positivity of the answer? Not something I see too often from people when talking about FFP.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I don't agree with taking titles off other teams.I would rather we won the title on our own merit. Obviously Man-city have been up to no good.But that's in the past. would be great to see us over take man-united total in the next 2/3 years
    Yeah it's an odd one - on point of principle I feel we "deserve" to be winners in 13/14 and 18/19, but after a 30-year wait that is not at all how I would want to win the Title.

Indeed, but for the fact that we have the excitement of potentially having an Unbeaten season and a points record, prior to this season I would have wanted to win the League due to a last-gasp winner in the dying seconds of the 38th game - this leisurely stroll isn't what I would have "asked for" but will certainly take it!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    There's taking titles off teams and there's awarding them to someone else. If someone has cheated their way to a title they should be stripped of it. That doesn't necessarily mean that the second place team should take it like in say the Olympic 100m after they've weeded out all the cheats, but you can't have them still hold the 'title' of "champions" if they aren't. Well not if it means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Huh - cool.

I dunno, the overwhelming positivity of the answer? Not something I see too often from people when talking about FFP.
    I still think UEFA are corrupt, but willing to accept that these rules have been helpful.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    There's taking titles off teams and there's awarding them to someone else. If someone has cheated their way to a title they should be stripped of it. That doesn't necessarily mean that the second place team should take it like in say the Olympic 100m after they've weeded out all the cheats, but you can't have them still hold the 'title' of "champions" if they aren't. Well not if it means anything.
    Oh yeah I get that! sounds reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah it's an odd one - on point of principle I feel we "deserve" to be winners in 13/14 and 18/19, but after a 30-year wait that is not at all how I would want to win the Title.

Indeed, but for the fact that we have the excitement of potentially having an Unbeaten season and a points record, prior to this season I would have wanted to win the League due to a last-gasp winner in the dying seconds of the 38th game - this leisurely stroll isn't what I would have "asked for" but will certainly take it!
    Now if Man-city were deducted points next season. I would accept that.. 30 points would be a decent start