Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132333435363740 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What ever happened to N4C? he used to post 100's of posts a day for years then totally disappeared. I hope he's ok ( A bit late of me to show concern ) !!
    He got married and said he'd take a while off posting... two years ago.

I hope he's happy - seemed like a nice guy.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 13th July 2020 at 02:55 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    And what ever happened to northwalesred? I think that was his name..
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I think Brc bored the life out of him ( I can easily understand that ) and buggered off.
    I remember something along those lines too. Though he, like some others, didn't really appreciate CC and my style of my debating style.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 13th July 2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

It stinks a bit doesn't it.
    Pep went public many times saying he was sure they would win the appeal. As if they all knew. Someone must have been paid off.
    Only silver linings I can find...next season they won't just have the league to concentrate on, and maybe Leicester can squeeze out Man Utd in the CL. Don't they play each other soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I remember something along those lines too. Though he, like some others, didn't really appreciate CC and my style of my debating style.
    He came back as Toxteth O'Grady I think.

This is the final nail in the coffin when it comes to football being 'a sport'.

This just permanently rolls out the red carpet for corrupt, oil rich nations to continue 'sportswashing' and to render all notions of 'fair competition' null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    This is the final nail in the coffin when it comes to football being 'a sport'.

This just permanently rolls out the red carpet for corrupt, oil rich nations to continue 'sportswashing' and to render all notions of 'fair competition' null and void.
    Really difficult to make an unbiased opinion unless UEFA comes out and gives us the details about their decision to overturn their original findings

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Really difficult to make an unbiased opinion unless UEFA comes out and gives us the details about their decision to overturn their original findings
    Come on now Fagin. Just look at the evidence i.e. the fact that Man City have already previously broken the rules, they purposely 'hindered' this latest investigation (not something those who are 100% innocent would do), and they are a 'small' club with a tiny number of fans who have somehow managed to secure some of the largest sponsorship deals in the world.

They are as innocent as the boy with chocolate all over his face who just happens to also have his hand stuck in the cookie jar.

This has given carte blanche to any current or future similarly run/owned clubs to do effectively what the hell they like, knowing full well that the most that will likely happen to them when they decide not to play fair/by the rules is that they'll get a slap on the wrist, the likes of which are equivalent to me having to pay a £10 fine for something that would have cost me much more to do legally.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He came back as Toxteth O'Grady I think.
    He did! That's right! Wasn't 100% convinced it was him, though I think he eventually all but confirmed it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Come on now Fagin. Just look at the evidence i.e. the fact that Man City have already previously broken the rules, they purposely 'hindered' this latest investigation (not something those who are 100% innocent would do), and they are a 'small' club with a tiny number of fans who have somehow managed to secure some of the largest sponsorship deals in the world.

They are as innocent as the boy with chocolate all over his face who just happens to also have his hand stuck in the cookie jar.

This has given carte blanche to any current or future similarly run/owned clubs to do effectively what the hell they like, knowing full well that the most that will likely happen to them when they decide not to play fair/by the rules is that they'll get a slap on the wrist, the likes of which are equivalent to me having to pay a £10 fine for something that would have cost me much more to do legally.
    Good response you obviously get alot more coverage surrounding this than we do but i really would like to hear UEFAs reasoning......At half time on the ManUtd /Southampton game they mentioned the decision but didnt elaborate further

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Good response you obviously get alot more coverage surrounding this than we do but i really would like to hear UEFAs reasoning......At half time on the ManUtd /Southampton game they mentioned the decision but didnt elaborate further
    I think the reasons for this verdict are a combination of incompetence on the part of UEFA, and possibly a bit of 'encouragement' from the Man City hierarchy.