Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Ha ha. Sky now reporting that the premier league are considering a points deduction. Make it 50 there lads.
    It should involve all the seasons under the current owners, but it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It is dodgy sponsorship with the owners putting the money in rather than the alleged sponsors

It is also from another 20-30m they allege to receive from an image rights company, which also takes 30 plus million off their wage bill by paying players for their image rights, when it's all a complete sham and another company owned by their owner created to circumvent FFP

Again, I'd estimate that if The Premier League were to co-ordinate with UEFA re the extent of breaches of the rules for the owners to pump more money into the club, that UAE FC would have a Premier League FFP deficit greater than the 105m allowed before sanctions, including points deductions are imposed
    At the time everyone though it sounded dodgy as fuck. How the hell they thought they would get away with it is beyond me.

If it were me, I'd strip them of last seasons premier league! !

Ha ha. Sky now reporting that the premier league are considering a points deduction. Make it 50 there lads.
    They should, they have cheated all the other teams in the competition by circumventing FFP The FA should also move to strip them of their Carabao and FA Cup wins of the last 2 seasons also.

The Premier League points deductions should be from the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons because their FFP breaches allowed them to cheat all the other clubs in the competition as they would not have been able to have signed the depth of quality squad on the wages they were paying in either year had they not been guilty of dishonest accounting
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Didnt city put through half their wages for the club through a 3rd party.

I cant remember the ins and outs

Something like £200m through the correct channels and £200m through another way which didnt show up on their books.

Can anyone confirm this.

But for next season please.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    It should involve all the seasons under the current owners, but it won't.
    Exactly. A points deduction this season is pretty meaningless... last season on other hand.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    At the time everyone though it sounded dodgy as fuck. How the hell they thought they would get away with it is beyond me.
    They still very much might.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post

If it were me, I'd strip them of last seasons premier league! !
    I completely agree, they effectively cheated all the other clubs who were playing by the rules, they should dock them 12 points for both the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons. They should also be burnt at the stake (metaphorically)
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Retrospective?

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Exactly. A points deduction this season is pretty meaningless... last season on other hand.
    It's not meaningless to the clubs chasing a champions league spot.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.