Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atletico Madrid

Your team v Atletico Madrid

An absolutely massive game this.

Our lineup will depend on the fitness of some players undoubtedly, but approval of the medical staff permitting, my team is -

...........................Alisson

Trent........Gomez.......Van Dijk......Robertson

............................Fabinho

................Henderson......Wijnaldum

.......Salah..............Firmino...........Mane
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Same as you Sid

Allisson

Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's be at our imperious European knock out best from start to finish and get a vital win and lead to take back to Anfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Their defensive weakness is on the flanks, particularly at the left.

If Trent can have a boss game, we can get an away goal.

They will be utterly driven to keep a clean sheet with the hope of nicking one at Anfield and leaving us in a situation where we need two - and no matter how brilliant we are and how magical the Anfield atmosphere is, Atletico are the last side we would want to NEED to score two goals against in a limited time frame.

If we can get a 1-0 away win here, we have done a good job. I have enormous faith in our side to get the job done, but make no mistake, in terms of footballing styles, they are tailor-made to give us a frustrating evening.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

According to our lads who have been watching a few of their games ahead of us playing them, they've been pretty shambolic of late in defending corners, our analysis team are expert at assisting Jurgen and the lads in exploiting such things. I fancy us to win at their place, I fancy us to get a win anywhere against any opposition

Article from the offal with Gini's thoughts on the Atletico test and some interesting key stats for both teams from the games we've played so far. I do think our stats are a little misleading as we have made considerable improvements in our defending and in Big Bear Allisson returning in goal since our goals were conceded, I also don't think their group was a difficult as ours and that they haven't been tested by a side with anywhere approaching our attacking ability and who will fight for everything and ask as many different questions of them as our lads will.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/386643-gini-wijnaldum-liverpool-atletico-madrid-champions-league-preview

Marciniak is the ref.

Not a fan, but we will have to find a way.

They will sit very deep,one of our midfielders as got to do a little more than pass the ball. they have to take chances and get into the box when ever possible.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Marciniak is the ref.

Not a fan, but we will have to find a way.
    An early goal or two for our lads would be absolutely incredible, it will fuck up their entire plan over 2 legs, I think with players set to return they'll be a lot stronger for the second leg, so if we can get in front I think that will guarantee more opportunities to score further goals and we have to be at our clinical, devastating Champions League knock out best and capitalise on that if we create that opportunity for ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    They will sit very deep,one of our midfielders as got to do a little more than pass the ball. they have to take chances and get into the box when ever possible.
    I don't care about that, none of the sides they've played in this season's Champions League or who they play in La Liga have anything like the attacking threat and different ways to score goals that we have and none have our mentality, ability to mix it up and play different ways and be as physically dominant as our lads

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't care about that, none of the sides they've played in this season's Champions League or who they play in La Liga have anything like the attacking threat and different ways to score goals that we have and none have our mentality, ability to mix it up and play different ways and be as physically dominant as our lads
    Of course you don't care! now please go on a rant for next 4 days! and post dozens of comments about what we should do
    Leader of all..master of none..