Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Where can we improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We change and assume different formations throughout games as part of our system anyway, for the next game I think we'll line up 433 but it will actually be more like a 2242 in practice, I think Gini and Fabinho will sit a little deeper closer to Virgil and Matip and press and counter press more from deeper with the play in front of them picking up players in midfield who might be on for a counter should our play break down, not getting too tight and not getting ahead of players they shouldn't which Fabinho needs to address and let Oxlade, Trent and Robbo go and attack with Bobby, Mane and Mo.

I don't think there's any need to go gung ho and gung ho in the press and counter press risking leaving ourselves open to counters when we don't have to, start steady and solid and keep giving that attacking six the ball back to try and break Bournemouth down, which I'm sure they will, a few times
    I agree with the not going gung-ho statement. I'd like to see Minamino given another go as the number 10 with the usual front 3 ahead of him but I also like the Ox and what he brings so I'd be torn between those two if we were to play the system that you have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    4 more greens and then we can party!
    Damn right. Plenty of Geeen and booze to party with too. Boom n'tha.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Damn right. Plenty of Geeen and booze to party with too. Boom n'tha.
    Sliced green beans, peas or broccoli?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Rhymes with 'speed'........
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

I was thinking more along the lines of a bag of skunk......I mean spring cabbage.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Rhymes with 'speed'........
    Aniseed?

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Try doubling the months!

It's obviously not going to last for ever and we will need to evolve eventually but to say we have been lucky is ridiculous.

City have lost 6 games this season. We have lost 6 in the last 2 and 1/2 years. The numbers and results are just mind boggling.

Luck doesnt last that long! I understand the that you have to look beyond the results but over such a sustain period of time the results say everything.

Source Jozza
    Also anyone have Scouting/ stats ... what do you use?

I see opta joe / transfermarket...

Any other places ; cctv and 19x ... ??

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Source Jozza
    Also anyone have Scouting/ stats ... what do you use?

I see opta joe / transfermarket...

Any other places ; cctv and 19x ... ??
    Jozza's is a cut and paste from wiki

Wiki is a good source of info and the others you listed, you can also just google 'LFC fixtures' gives you a few years worth and the line ups so you can check results with different players at different positions etc etc etc and they have detailed Premier League stats only for players on the Premier League site
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 6th March 2020 at 03:51 AM.

In terms of improving, I really hope there's nothing in the Cantwell rumours, whatever the question is, Cantwell isn't the answer

We have an imbalance of too many attacking No8's too few holding more powerful and aggressive No8's we need to fix, he's not Keita or Oxlade quality, it'd just be another Shaqiri or Lallana, sitting on the bench.

Getting more of the powerful aggressive No8's with better passing and distribution and playing Matip or new centre back with Virgil to score more goals at corners either through them scoring or their presence helping Virgil score more is surely the solution to more easily breaking down park the bus low blocks, not some lightweight alice band wearing fancy Dan diver who looks like a 15 year old girl and would weaken our press and counter press

Must have - This show reel is well put together, shows lots of him at No6 and No8 either side as a holding or attacking No8 and and RFWD and No10 I hadn't considered it before, but he could potentially even do a fantastic job in the Bobby role on occasion too. Really hope he's our No1 midfield priority this summer.

Still think we should have made the move for him or Soumare in January and got the other one in during the summer, would have made us far stronger for the run in and sharp end of the Champions League. Going to be a lot more competition for both in the summer, seriously missed a trick there in January in my opinion. Not normally a fan of January signings, but sometimes you can pick up a player more cost effectively when no-one else is in the market for them and they have half a season to settle. Far better than my former favourite midfield addition Fernandes and an absolute shoe in at LCM and brilliant for several other positions

Last edited by Nineteenx; 6th March 2020 at 05:44 AM.