Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Where can we improve?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree with that Sid. Personally think midfield needs surgery in the summer. It needs some stardust, it's the only area that doesn't have any.

We are either workmanlike with Milner and Gini which isnt a bad thing in terms of application but lacks guile. You've then got the 50 percenters Ox and Keita who go missing and aren't good enough for regular starting berths and that's not going to change in my opinion.

I genuinely think Grealish would fit this side perfectly, He'd compliment a combo of Hendo/Fab/,Gini brilliantly and looks to me like the kind of player you're describing.
    I quite like the idea of a slight change of team shape and the acquisition of a different type of striker.

A solid pairing in front of our centre-backs, a "10" of sorts, two wide forwards, a striker.

For talk's sake, let's say we bought Werner and didn't acquire a new midfielder.

...........Henderson........Fabinho/Wijnaldum

..Salah...............Firmino.............Mane

..........................Werner

Firmino could totally be coached into playing that position - he is inclined to drop deep anyway and has the capacity to balance a great work ethic in midfield with the creative capacity to work it forward and join the attack, with Henderson and another offering protection if he does so.

Ups the creative potency and the slight reshuffle in the middle helps with defensive solidity. Not averse to buying a midfielder by any means, just showcasing a possible option via the "right" striking acquisition.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Seems Todd Cantwell of Norwich will be the Lallana replacement in the summer.
    Hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I quite like the idea of a slight change of team shape and the acquisition of a different type of striker.

A solid pairing in front of our centre-backs, a "10" of sorts, two wide forwards, a striker.

For talk's sake, let's say we bought Werner and didn't acquire a new midfielder.

Firmino could totally be coached into playing that position - he is inclined to drop deep anyway and has the capacity to balance a great work ethic in midfield with the creative capacity to work it forward and join the attack, with Henderson and another offering protection if he does so.

Ups the creative potency and the slight reshuffle in the middle helps with defensive solidity. Not averse to buying a midfielder by any means, just showcasing a possible option via the "right" striking acquisition.
    Salah no9 role / Werner out wide

I want to see jones play in the last 6 or so league games

Williams at RB

TAA at no8

Alisson

Williams Hoever * VVD Robbo

TAA Fabinho Jones

Eliott* Firmino Minamino*

(*Salah Mane Gomez )
    Cain
    Clarkson
    Bench

Up for sale
    Shaq Lovren Origi Keita
    Lallana out of

I know what you're saying Sid and you raise an interesting talking point, but I wouldn't change the formation and system that has served us so well, I'd hope we sign 2 midfielders and Werner

We need another Hendo type a box to box No6 and a more creative midfielder who can play as a holding or attacking No8 for me

I don't think there's any issue with the system and how we play, I just think we need players who have the right balls in their locker (no pun intended) to facilitate the team playing as well as it can and who can also be physical and bully teams like Gini and Hendo do

The switches left to right and right to left are really very important to how we play as are the centre to left and centre to right passes as are the left to right and right to left longer diagonals, we've only got Henderson who can play those passes. I absolutely love Gini, but he doesn't have a left to right switch or a left to right diagonal and it's an issue and Fabinho doesn't have the passes he needs to have at No6 either

With our attacking full backs and the runs of our forward and their pulling off into great space wide on the other side I feel the way to improve and evolve is having 2 more players in that midfield who can be really physical and aggressive and bully teams like Hendo and Gini, but who have all those passes in their locker, switching it and making those passes quickly from left to right and right to left is exactly what we miss from midfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

26wins 1 draw 1 loss on the league

European cup win
    Super cup win
    World club win

Charity shield loss
    League cup u18s loss

Fa cup loss ... here disappointed

This is our blip / Atletico, Watfor, Chelsea

Also allowing an 18yo at Chelsea getting motm says it all

I wanted a league and cup double to really cement this team into history

We will win the league 98% certified

But I do think we wont get through v Madrid nor win the ECL this year

Favourites Bayern then City

Carragher: “The league feels like it’s been won for two or three months. I know Jurgen Klopp wouldn’t say that but it almost feels when you’ve had a season like that it doesn’t feel enough, you still want one of the cups.”

Carra sums up the feeling

I feel that the league is won
    I'm really disappointed we didn't go further in the cup

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Carra sums up the feeling

I feel that the league is won
    I'm really disappointed we didn't go further in the cup
    Jurgen rarely ever fucks up, he has made the right decision time after time after time, almost perfect, 99% right decisions, but by God when he gets one wrong after all this time, he certainly doesn't do it by halves Exiting the Cup, our Champions League ambitions hanging by a thread, the losses v Atletico, Watford and Chelsea, it's all down to that one very bad decision

He needs to relax now and be calm as he's made a few minor bad decisions trying to correct the almighty fuck up of one, playing Lovren ahead of Matip v Wolves, playing Origi at LFWD and moving Mane to RFWD tonight, playing Gomez again tonight who got bullied by Giroud whenever he pulled onto him, failed to make a challenge on Barkley, got targeted and done at a near post corner again. Not giving Matip and Lovren any minutes when they were back or at least Matip so he had 3 fit top CBs match sharp and ready was an error too
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 4th March 2020 at 03:52 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Food for thought there Sid and you might be bang on as I wouldn't be shocked to see us not bring a midfielder in. Klopp obviously likes the guys we have and may keep faith.
    I'd be very surprised we dont sign Werner too,looks nailed on.