Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Where can we improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A thread has popped up on Twitter saying that we have a near-post weakness when defending set pieces and can't cope when the opposition shape is a wide 4-4-2 to nullify our full-backs, as we don't create enough centrally.

Not really a surprise, but it is what it is.
    In recent games we've barely tried or even taken up positions to play some football through the middle. Very frustrating to watch.

How about a formation change? Jurgen's done it before when things have gone a bit stale. 3-2-2-3 would be interesting with Matip, Gomez and VvD at the back allowing Trent and Robbo to attack relentlessly with Hendo/Fab or Gini as the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It's easy to pick holes after a couple of defeats, where have they been for past 14 months ?
    Try doubling the months!

It's obviously not going to last for ever and we will need to evolve eventually but to say we have been lucky is ridiculous.

City have lost 6 games this season. We have lost 6 in the last 2 and 1/2 years. The numbers and results are just mind boggling.

Luck doesnt last that long! I understand the that you have to look beyond the results but over such a sustain period of time the results say everything.

Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Try doubling the months!

It's obviously not going to last for ever and we will need to evolve eventually but to say we have been lucky is ridiculous.

City have lost 6 games this season. We have lost 6 in the last 2 and 1/2 years. The numbers and results are just mind boggling.

Luck doesnt last that long! I understand the that you have to look beyond the results but over such a sustain period of time the results say everything.

Yes I know it's longer, I was just referring to the last time we lost a league game prior to Watford.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yes I know it's longer, I was just referring to the last time we lost a league game prior to Watford.
    That's a hell of a lot of green.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    4 more greens and then we can party!
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Try doubling the months!

Amen to that. Let rival fans say we're lucky, but let's not gloss over what has been an incredible sustained performance.

When you have a formula that works this well for THAT long you don't change it.......and that's the reason why Klopp won't be running out looking for a superstar number 10.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Indeed, makes for great reading.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    4 more greens and then we can party!
    Probably 3 more, but we'll say 4 to be sure to be sure
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    How about a formation change? Jurgen's done it before when things have gone a bit stale. 3-2-2-3 would be interesting with Matip, Gomez and VvD at the back allowing Trent and Robbo to attack relentlessly with Hendo/Fab or Gini as the 2.
    We change and assume different formations throughout games as part of our system anyway, for the next game I think we'll line up 433 but it will actually be more like a 2242 in practice, I think Gini and Fabinho will sit a little deeper closer to Virgil and Matip and press and counter press more from deeper with the play in front of them picking up players in midfield who might be on for a counter should our play break down, not getting too tight and not getting ahead of players they shouldn't which Fabinho needs to address and let Oxlade, Trent and Robbo go and attack with Bobby, Mane and Mo.

I don't think there's any need to go gung ho and gung ho in the press and counter press risking leaving ourselves open to counters when we don't have to, start steady and solid and keep giving that attacking six the ball back to try and break Bournemouth down, which I'm sure they will, a few times
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”