Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome.

Rome.

Sorry all I originally put this comment in the Atletico thread but don't want it to get lost.

I'm going to Rome tomorrow with the husband and I was going to take my LFC shirt as I always wear it for League and Champs League games ( going to find a nice little bar somewhere too watch it ) but hubby is saying it may not be received very well in Rome. Any advice please as to whether to take it or leave it at home. I'm all for taking it but then I'm a gobby shite at the best of times and wouldn't usually let anything like that bother me but I don't want to put the other half in any situations. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    ........and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you no-one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

I'd be wary of wearing it there particularly due to the last encounter and the sean cox incident. Dont trust Italian footy fans 1 bit.

In all honesty Femme I really wouldn’t take it. Just leave it at home and avoid the temptation to wear it. 99% of the people in a Rome will probably offer congratulations to a Liverpool fan and be totally fine BUT there is an element there especially in the capital that will take it as a sign of disrespect and will make an example. Not worth it.

Fans of other Italian clubs and other foreign sides have been targeted in Rome before..
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th February 2020 at 08:42 PM.

For once listen to your hubby !! Maybe look for a Irish bar on trip advisor, and you might get a bit of a atmosphere with other reds.

Just replied in the other thread and for once we’re all in agreement
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

no point risking it, you don't need the shirt

I replied in the A Madrid thread....

I've been to Rome a couple of times and you should be totally fine in and around the centre. You'll not find many locals around that part of town, the tourists have swamped it completely.
    Anyways Femme, it's not that warm there yet that you'll be walking around in your shirt. It's still jacket weather there atm.
    In saying that, just have a look at the decor in whatever bar you choose to watch the game in. If there's Roma or Lazio 'decorations' all over the bar/walls, it's probably best to try another place.
    My advice is to check out any Irish pubs that are close to your accommodation.
    Enjoy Rome. I recommend for eating, some amazing places that aren't hard on the pocket. In the Jewish Quarter, íl Giardino Romano (The Roman Garden) restaurant. Try the artichokes (Jewish and Rome style), divine.
    In the Monti District, almost any restaurant that looks decent is going to serve great food at good prices. It's off the beaten tourist track but isn't far from The Colosseum by walking.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

I even stopped wearing a shirt/scarf in this country to away games. They’d always be some pissed up gobshite on the train looking for trouble. As you get older, you realise that it’s just not worth the hassle.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Not worth the risk imo Femme

Thank you all so very much for your advice. The shirt is staying safe in the draw at home. Thank you justin for your recommendations, much appreciated.
    ........and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you no-one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.