Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v West Ham

I would give Bobby a rest and play Mane central OX on the left and Fabinho Wijnaldum and Keita. the usual back players.
    Leader of all..master of none..

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

This is going to be a really tough game, it would be absolutely brilliant if our lads can nick and early goal or two, I expect West Ham will set up and play exactly as they did v UAE FC, a back 5, with a narrow 3 in front, another a little further forward and Antonio furthest forward on their left looking to be played in for a counter from long ball over the top and right to left diagonals

I think it will be tough because our changes has changed our rhythm, because our distribution isn't as it has been for the last 2 months, that said, we were brilliant the last third of last season and the first third of this season playing the way we'll play and have played that way a lot, so that way of playing and rhythm should kick back in quite naturally for the players once into the game.

I think where they have Antonio looking to counter might determine which side Gini and Keita play or, we'll let Keita go and attack and both full backs as there was lots of room either side of West Ham's 3 in front of their back 5 in their last game and have Gini and Fabinho sit a bit more. Difference between UAE FC (West Ham's last game) and our lads is both our full backs are very good with the ball and can hurt teams a lot more, getting to the byline or crossing from deep

We are though in the fortunate position of having numerous different ways of playing and different passages of play we have built up over the last 2 seasons for scoring goals and winning games and getting another vital 3 points in each next game, so although an early goal or two would be absolutely brilliant for our lads, it's not essential, keeping it really well and moving it around to implement all our different styles and passages of play and methods of attack and breaking down stubborn opposition defences is something we've become very good at

They will set up defensively, for sure.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an Atletico training exercise. In terms of "style" I am glad we have a game against a team that will be stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They will set up defensively, for sure.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an Atletico training exercise. In terms of "style" I am glad we have a game against a team that will be stubborn.
    This game won't help us much other than possibly (hopefully) giving one or two of our attacking players some confidence. West Ham's defence is a tea bag in comparison to Atletico's at times Fort Knox like back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    UAE FC
    Love it! That's how i'll always think of them now

Allisson

Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's be at our best from start to finish here tonight, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's get the win here tonight and another vital 3 points

An early goal for our lads would be absolutely brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Allisson

Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's be at our best from start to finish here tonight, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's get the win here tonight and another vital 3 points

An early goal for our lads would be absolutely brilliant
    How does Alexander-Arnold get called by his first name but the rest don’t?

Surely you give the team with either their first names or surnames? Is there another Alexander-Arnold that would maybe cause confusion ?