Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: Melwood closed

Melwood closed

The club have voluntarily closed Melwood

Personally I think this is quite frankly a ridiculous move, as the season may continue we need to keep our players sharp and keep all the lads together and work hard in training and even arrange full 90 minute inter squad training matches while we are unable to play to keep all the lads in peak condition and get any lackng match fitness and sharpness up to speed.

Strict protocols for all staff should be put in place, any non essential staff for these training purposes who do not need to have contact with the players should be kept away. Any football or non football staff should be asked to commit to strict protocols to hugely reduce any risk of infection.

Avoid direct contact with the general public as much as possible

Avoid bars, restaurants, shopping centres and other such places

Avoid contact with people it is not necessary for you to have contact with who do or most likely put themselves in any of the environments above, including family members outside of your own household

Avoid public transport and going to the doctors or hospital unless it is absolutely necessary

If you have kids, make sure they are drilled to wash their hands as regularly as Steven Gerrard. If they are at school make sure they're doing that at school and make sure they do that as soon as you pick them up, before they even get in the car or back to the house. Keep them away from any avoidable unnecessary contact and environments they don't need to go to or be in. If that means they don't have birthday parties or miss friends birthday parties, tough shit, it's their health you're protecting.

For me a lot of top footballers live very separately from the general public and general society anyway, if they are taking these necessary precautions which they absolutely should be and if the staff supporting them are also, they have massively reduced any possibility of becoming infected with the Coronavirus.

The people most at risk are people living and working in general society who have no choice but to put themselves at greater risk every single day, footballers and their support staff have a choice
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh and if you can pay by card, preferably a card you scan the little thing at the top of rather than having to put in a pin using a pad, avoid handling money unless it is absolutely necessary for you to do so, you don't know who's coughed or sneezed into their hand, then put it in their pocket and handled that money or what other surfaces they've touched without washing their hands

I think maybe people reading this might have misinterpreted it.

My suggestions and view on this aren't formed with a view to ignoring the Coronavirus, they are formed with the view of giving players and essential support staff greater protection from it.

With the protocols I put forward in place, our players and essential support staff are far less likely to contract Coronavirus than they are staying at home, likely being visited by friends and family, likely going out and mingling a bit more with general society and numerous people who from their daily contact and exposure to environments that present a far greater risk might lead to players or essential staff becoming infected - It isn't rocket science - Hence my view point that shutting down Melwood is plain stupid and in my opinion greatly increases the risk of infection rather than decreasing it

Are the players back in training?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Are the players back in training?
    No, they're in isolation I believe, that's why the proposed resumption date is unworkable, because all teams players will need to return to training for at least 2 weeks before resuming playing

Isn't it time we were back in training? I guess it's only been 4 or 5 days so far, it feels like bloody weeks already

Read a Guardian article about what clubs are up to, it appears that both filthy clubs will be back in training as usual ahead of all other clubs in an attempt to gain a match fitness advantage if and when the Premier League resumes