Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: Arteta's sick note

Arteta's sick note

Encountered numerous people in an absolutely rammed supermarket this morning, which is usually incredibly quiet at that time on a Sunday when I help my elderly father with his weekly shopping. All of them from very different walks of life, many of them not football fans, some rugby and other sports fans, some not at all interested in sports but simply pissed off at the series of events that led to the mass cancellations of events and the ensuing panic buying and the rammed supermarket.

As they stood in massive queues waiting for the check out there were a lot of conversations on the subject of Arteta, the opinion of all that the cause of all of the above was Arteta informing the Premier League he'd tested positive for Coronavirus.

It came down to a lot of people saying if he had contracted it fair enough, but prior to making their decision, had the Premier League actually had written confirmation he had tested positively from him or his club from a qualified physician, for all the trouble it has caused, did they actually demand this evidence as an employer would a Doctor's sick note, or did they just take his word for it?

The vast majority wanted to see it "For all the trouble it's caused for million of people I think the least we all deserve is to see written confirmation of his diagnosis"

I wasn't aware of this as I don't read the rags, but apparently, most were asking this because he apparently first felt ill on Wednesday evening, but was communicating that he felt far better on the Friday just a day and a half later and these people didn't believe if he had the virus that he would have recovered from the worst of the symptoms of it in a day and a half
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Arteta would have no reason to lie and the only people who need his medical records are Arsenal who are his employer.

Man Utd players are being tested twice a day so its fair to assume we are and all other premier league clubs we are dealing with some assets worth over £100m.

People are going to be abit snappy as its totally new to all of us but there isnt much we can do about it at the moment just hope that the general public are taking advice onboard thats the hard part in all of this.

We will beat this virus but it will take time we have incredible scientists in the world who will make it happen we just need to stay calm and hopefully everyone stays safe & healthy.

It seems like hes only had a mild dose too as he said it wouldn't have stopped him working.
    The govt want thos Hurd immunity where 70% of us as the healthy population get it but keep it from the vulnerable and elderly.
    It would have made more sense in my opinion to lock down the elderly and vulnerable immediately as it was indicative that they are the ones dying. Increased the cleanliness around them and monitor more.
    The only healthy person I've read that's died is Dr Li Wenliang.
    Has anyone read of any reasonably healthy people dying from this?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Arteta would have no reason to lie and the only people who need his medical records are Arsenal who are his employer.

Man Utd players are being tested twice a day so its fair to assume we are and all other premier league clubs we are dealing with some assets worth over £100m.

People are going to be abit snappy as its totally new to all of us but there isnt much we can do about it at the moment just hope that the general public are taking advice onboard thats the hard part in all of this.

We will beat this virus but it will take time we have incredible scientists in the world who will make it happen we just need to stay calm and hopefully everyone stays safe & healthy.
    I agree with all of that except the medical records, I think as the Premier League based their decision on his illness, they should have validated it by seeing the official paperwork of his diagnosis from a registered physician prior to arriving at their decision, on that part I think the numerous unhappy shoppers had a fair point.

I think any reported diagnosis' should have the relevant paperwork sent to the Premier League or FA to be certain, there is as much as 140m in potential revenue at stake for a few clubs on the potential outcomes of no further football, that is an absolute shit load of money, so I absolutely wouldn't rule out any shenanigans, people do unspeakable things for far less money than that all the time.

They only needed to see what was going on in other countries to make the call. Arteta's sicknote shouldn't have been the main reason for stopping the league, and I doubt it was

Well, Arsenal set a record of their own with their manager being the quickest person ever to recover from coronavirus managing to do so in just 4 days by all accounts, personally, I don't believe he ever had it, never did, never will

Any news on Miller ?
    Whoelse are we missing recently?