Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: After corona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    My grandad fought in WW1 got injured then between wars got married and raised a family - my mother included.
    Those children spent their teenage years growing up through WW2. After the war, for some reason he took his family on holiday to Spain (Franco's Spain). I still have the photo books from after my mother's death some 20 years ago! They looked so happy and adventurous! I wonder what you are contemplating after this virus is declared over. I cannot see the world being the same again. This virus may morph. Individuals, Families, Insurance and Finance companies and all businesses (including LFC) will need to reassess their position in the world. This virus may return maybe this year, next year, 5 years or beyond? Let us assume/hope that is declared over some time next year - what will you decide to do for a holiday ?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Not sure about a holiday but in future years I'll gather the little children together and tell them stories of what life was like before the fall of capitalism in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    There will probably be a few airline and resort closures after this so we can expect foreign holidays will become a luxury instead of a nice treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Businesses globally, including airlines and resorts, will be desperate for customers.
    This will hopefully mean that good deals will be available for people who survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Yeah sod all the sick and elderly who will kick the bucket. As long as everyone else (who can afford it) gets a cheap holiday all's good.
    .. Just responding to previous posts, Noods. I'm of an age, with underlying health issues, that I'm probably one of the sick and elderly myself!

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Not sure about a holiday but in future years I'll gather the little children together and tell them stories of what life was like before the fall of capitalism in 2020.
    "Let me tell you a tale of a time where we shared more memes than ever my child"

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's nothing wrong with looking forward to a family summer holiday. When you work hard all year It gives you something to look forward too. I'm lucky enough to get to Liverpool but Mrs IANLFC had to put up with alot and really enjoys getting away on a nice holiday.
    She's already suggested if im out of work for a while when everything gets back to normal I can keep working and she'll go on holiday with my 2 girls.
    Just found out that this afternoon we're going on short time (2.5 days a week) in two weeks time.
    My good lady has no clue when she'll (teacher) be going back to work but we're lucky that's she's from Cádiz in South Spain and can go there for a cheap few weeks holidays whenever Spain opens up again.
    So it's not all bad and we'll use our time off work productively no doubt....
    Last edited by justincredible; 20th March 2020 at 04:20 PM.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Assuming we survive this China Virus nightmare first of course, lol...

On the other hand, some of our friends have lost their jobs already so it's easier to feel sorry for them.

Just found out that this afternoon we're going on short time (2.5 days a week) in two weeks time.
    My good lady has no clue when she'll (teacher) be going back to work but we're lucky that's she's from Cádiz in South Spain and can go there for a cheap few weeks holidays whenever Spain opens up again.
    Not good at all mate, It's the uncertainty of it all that's the concern plus the fact someone close could very well become infected.

To quote (from a failing memory) old man Steptoe
    "What's wrong with Bognor ? It was always good enough for your mother and me!"

Sounds like a good plan everyone

I love Italy; Rome Venice Sicily Monopoli Milan

I've been lucky to visit.

For me personally the best country to visit in the world ! ❤💯

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    To quote (from a failing memory) old man Steptoe
    "What's wrong with Bognor ? It was always good enough for your mother and me!"
    There's nothing wrong with holidaying on our own shores, however the world is populated by selfish so and so's who are unwilling to give up their luxuries (even if just temporarily) for 'the greater good'. This is in evidence right now as many people continue as if nothing serious is currently occurring, which is putting others, namely the less well off and most vulnerable members of society at risk. Many of the former are actually becoming even more selfish than usual e.g. stockpiling. It seems many people's self interests have very few, if any limits.

This would be bad enough on its own, but then you get some of these same people condemning others or lecturing them on what is (in their opinion) right or wrong. It seems in many cases hypocrisy also has no limits.

Total madness
    Yesterday many people in the uk going about the day as if nothing happened.

Even more shopping/ stocking up
    Supermarket trade up 20% on xmas trade!
    Women supermarket Employees being told to Foff C!

Wow what a selfish egotistical world we are living in.