Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: After corona virus?

Expect a fair bit of change.

This virus whilst like entering a room with a shotgun that has enough spray to hit everyone, is a shotgun filled with rice.
    It can damage your lungs, kill the weak or elderly but in the world of epidemiology it's not the big fear. That is still expected, a shotgun virus with real ammo, say eboflu.

China & India to a lesser extent to face some loss of production in pharma/devices as nations will look to secure their own supply lines. This crisis has highlighted how china certainly will prevent exports when its in their interests to do so.
    Having so much production in the source country highlighted a flaw in the global setup.

China might also suffer some political damage. As late as January 14th they had who relay their findings of no evidence of human to human transmission. Made the who (not the band) look naive. Whilst I believe their whistleblower on this matter was murdered.
    The economic costs will be pretty large, the us looking at another trillion in the short term in addition to over 2 trillion in propping up markets. Europe likely to face similar costs and we're only a couple of weeks/months into a possible 6-18 month shutdown.
    One of bojos reasons I'd suggest outside of herd immunity was the realisation that a long term shut down, martial law would likely lead to large scale civil unrest as people go stir crazy.

Free movement of people might well be restricted due to fears of the virus, global spread of a disease in the modern world 12-48 hours and the evident decrease in emissions will please the greens.
    The short triangle distance between ones work, home and social life not only increases people quality of life, but would secure people more so from the spread of disease, reduce transport of produce and reduce carbon footprint.

I went shopping for ammo for my shotgun today but there was no rice, just a ration of one bag of flour per person.

Massive wake up call
    Environment
    Health
    And reliance on China

20 years now all we have heard is to relocate to China.

Time for change.

Production back to Europe or USA or Americas

Environment to be also at the front of every business in the above countries / area.

And massive rethink concerning future pandemic 'attacks'.

Today if you look around your house 97% is made in China. This has to change.

(This is making me think maybe there is a conspiracy)

This is what happens when you move away from investing in the primary and secondary sectors of the economy (or encouraging people to go into such professions) and rely almost entirely on the tertiary/service side. This is why the likes of Japan and Germany's economy is a lot healthier and more resilient than ours. Until that changes we are at the mercy of events like this current pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Massive wake up call
    Environments
    Health
    And reliance on China

20 years now all we have heard is to relocate to China.

Time for change.

Production back to Europe or USA or Americas

Environment to be also at the front of every business in the above countries / area.

And massive rethink concerning future pandemic 'attacks'.

Today if you look around your house 97% is made in China. This has to change.

(This is making me think maybe there is a conspiracy)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    This is what happens when you move away from investing in the primary and secondary sectors of the economy (or encouraging people to go into such professions) and rely almost entirely on the tertiary/service side. This is why the likes of Japan and Germany's economy is a lot healthier and more resilient than ours. Until that changes we are at the mercy of events like this current pandemic.
    The Conservative party in the UK has, in my mind, been responsible for the majority of the loss of manufacturing in these islands. These people are going to have to change their mindsets in order to reintroduce industry to these Isles.
    I lived through this in the 1980s and found it horrifying that we have to rely on other countries for imports of so many basic items.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    The Conservative party in the UK has, in my mind, been responsible for the majority of the loss of manufacturing in these islands. These people are going to have to change their mindsets in order to reintroduce industry to these Isles.
    I lived through this in the 1980s and found it horrifying that we have to rely on other countries for imports of so many basic items.
    Self reliance is always the best strategy for protecting yourself against the trials and tribulations of whatever life slings your way. As I've found out myself on many occasions, often those you rely on the most let you down when you most need their help.

The Conservative's approach to the likes of manufacturing in the 80's certainly caused a lot of problems, but It's been a wider problem than just it being down to them. Too many people get paid too much money for actually producing very little, and as a result it's what most of the 'younger' generations aspire to. When was the last time you heard kids/students say that they want to get into a trade that actually produces/makes something tangible?

The thing is we say that...
    But who wants to pay an extra 40% cost on the wages and so on
    A pair of socks made in china £2 and pair in the uk £25 ( at a guess)

Electronics good luck with that.

Less pollution in the uk thanks to made in china... but just like a virus , pollution doesn't have a passport.

https://makeitbritish.co.uk/

Interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The thing is we say that...
    But who wants to pay an extra 40% cost on the wages and so on
    A pair of socks made in china £2 and pair in the uk £25 ( at a guess)

Electronics good luck with that.

Less pollution in the uk thanks to made in china... but just like a virus , pollution doesn't have a passport.
    As my da used to say; "Buy well, buy once."

We literally spend a fortune on absolute crap nowadays. Badly made, environmentally unfriendly crap. Our reliance on China and its (mostly) rubbish products is frightening and wrong, for us and them.
    Consumerism is swallowing us up like there's no tomorrow. Which will be actually true someday soon unfortunately.
    Buy what you NEED. Not what you THINK you need.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    The Tories did decimate UK manufacturing, that's just one of many issues

They have decimated schools, colleges, Universities and the NHS, they have been trying to turn the UK society and economy into a US style one for forty years
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”