Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A - Z of music that you've seen live

A - Z of music that you've seen live

Let's face it, we've got some time to kill!

An A-Z of bands/ singers I’ve seen live.

A- All Saints
    B- Bon Jovi
    C- Coldplay
    D- Death can for a Ctutie
    E- Elton John
    F- Foo Fighters
    G- Gregory Porter
    H-
    I- Iggy Pop
    J- James Blunt
    K- Kylie
    L- Lenny Kravitz
    M- Madness
    N- Newton Faulkner
    O- Ocean Colour Scene
    P- Paul McCartney
    Q-
    R- Rick Astley
    S- Stereophonics
    T- Take That
    U- UB40
    V- Velvet Revolver
    W- Walk off the Earth
    X-
    Y -
    Z -
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

A LOT in my case, I've worked with acts doing tours with Madness and Iggy Pop, we shared dressing rooms with Iggy Pop at The Big Day Out festival in Australia and I inadvertently effectively told him Passenger was one of the 'going home songs' in UK Indie discos. The highlight of the Big Day Out festival was playing football with Nick Cave, him trying to play in his pointy boots chasing the ball and running straight into the wing mirror of one of the trucks and his head stopping but his body carrying on like in a cartoon, it was funny as fuck, I will never forget that.

The disposal heroes of Hiphopcrisy were brilliant at that festival too and the 'cocktail off' with Sonic Youth and Nick Cave in the hotel bar was pretty funny also

Mudhoney were brilliant also and one of the Aussie acts were funny as, security had been hosing the crowd down to stop them over heating and it had made the ground muddy, people were throwing balls of mud at this act and the singer stopped and said "Right, next person I see throw a fucking ball of mud at me I'm coming down there ti kick your......" stopped in his sentence by a mud ball right to the face, angrily looks, then bursts out laughing "Fucking hell, I bloody know that cunt"
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    A LOT in my case, I've worked with acts doing tours with Madness and Iggy Pop, we shared dressing rooms with Iggy Pop at The Big Day Out festival in Australia and I inadvertently effectively told him Passenger was one of the 'going home songs' in UK Indie discos. The highlight of the Big Day Out festival was playing football with Nick Cave, him trying to play in his pointy boots chasing the ball and running straight into the wing mirror of one of the trucks and his head stopping but his body carrying on like in a cartoon, it was funny as fuck, I will never forget that.

The disposal heroes of Hiphopcrisy were brilliant at that festival too and the 'cocktail off' with Sonic Youth and Nick Cave in the hotel bar was pretty funny also

Mudhoney were brilliant also and one of the Aussie acts were funny as, security had been hosing the crowd down to stop them over heating and it had made the ground muddy, people were throwing balls of mud at this act and the singer stopped and said "Right, next person I see throw a fucking ball of mud at me I'm coming down there ti kick your......" stopped in his sentence by a mud ball right to the face, angrily looks, then bursts out laughing "Fucking hell, I bloody know that cunt"
    I saw Iggy Pop at the Big Day Out on the Gold Coast in 2011 I think it was. He must have been 63 at the time but was brilliant.

10cc
    Suzi Quatro
    Hot Chocolate x2
    War
    Slade
    Neil Diamond
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I'll have a go at this:

Amorphis
    Black Sabbath
    Cannibal Corpse
    Dark Tranquility
    Exodus
    Faith no more
    Gallows
    Horse the Band
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Kyuss
    Linkin Park
    Metallica
    Napalm Death
    On Broken Wings
    Primus
    Queens of the stone age
    Rammstein
    Slayer
    Terror
    Unearth
    Vanishing point
    Whitechapel
    X
    Y
    Z

As much as I love music

Lenny Kravitz
    Kool and the gang
    Imagination
    Earth wind and fire
    *Carter the unstoppable sex machine

*Used to go to the YMCA x1 a week to watch up and coming groups
    So no idea who they were and if they became famous.

Regrets ; queen, who, rolling stones, david Bowie, ... duran duran ssshhh... george Michael ssshhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Funny story
    What band were you in?
    And what was your role ?

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I saw Iggy Pop at the Big Day Out on the Gold Coast in 2011 I think it was. He must have been 63 at the time but was brilliant.
    Iggy Pop was I think the only person that I've seen live that I was disappointed with. He supported the Foos a few years ago. Was off his nut and out of tune, and couldn't really be arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Funny story
    What band were you in?
    And what was your role ?
    I worked for bands, I started out doing security on account of being a prolific stage diver and knowing every trick in the book, that band had a real issue with stage divers and local security having issues dealing with them, so they gave me the job because of my understanding of what was needed, I progressed to backline technician, then stage management, production management and tour management.

It throws up a very good example of the difference between general society work and the music industry, every normal society job says 'No glass ceilings, quick career progression on merit, blah blah blah' and it's all a complete crock of shit, in the music industry I went from security to tour managing in about 5 years and all those things are true of it in my experience, it's a completely different world, you work directly with your employers, they see who works hard, who is capable etc etc.

In general society businesses are littered with dick middle managers who are usually sociopaths and desperate to hold on to a position they know the business has moved on a lot since they attained and that they don't have the abilities to move it forward. So they actively try and stifle creativity and pro active workers, or give it the old 'put it to me in an email' 'everything goes through me' and pass every single great idea from new people looking to move forward as their own work. And if it gets out of their control, IE, other employers that aren't in their 'everything goes through me remit' start telling people higher up the chain where the new ideas and initiatives are really coming from, they'll do absolutely anything they can to try and get you out of the door.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Let's face it, we've got some time to kill!

An A-Z of bands/ singers I’ve seen live.

A- All Saints
    B- Bon Jovi
    C- Coldplay
    D- Death can for a Ctutie
    E- Elton John
    F- Foo Fighters
    G- Gregory Porter
    H-
    I- Iggy Pop
    J- James Blunt
    K- Kylie
    L- Lenny Kravitz
    M- Madness
    N- Newton Faulkner
    O- Ocean Colour Scene
    P- Paul McCartney
    Q-
    R- Rick Astley
    S- Stereophonics
    T- Take That
    U- UB40
    V- Velvet Revolver
    W- Walk off the Earth
    X-
    Y -
    Z -
    On your list; who were the top 5 ?

Also anyone see Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson, Madonna , .....