Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: Resuming the season

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I disagree. This season needs to be completed whether that's in say six weeks, six months or even six years (though I may not be around to see it). I don't want us to join the likes of Man City and Chelsea in us having an asterisk after any of our successes.
    There would be no asterisk we WOULD be champions no ifs no buts WE ARE champions.

    We need 6 points out of 9 games i'd back even Norwich to get them that is how certain the title is.

    I know City have to win everygame so lets assume they do win them all its in the bag.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ootsville
    Posts
    5,143
    The FA has ruled that all football below the national leagues is to be voided. No promotions, no relegations, no title winners....nothing.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351

    Will give more ammo to all the idiots suggesting the same should be done to every league now.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    The FA has ruled that all football below the national leagues is to be voided. No promotions, no relegations, no title winners....nothing.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351

    Will give more ammo to all the idiots suggesting the same should be done to every league now.
    Clubs like Leeds United would go to court.
    It would be messy.
    Would the champions league places be based on last season.? Can see some legal challenges there too.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    9,646
    Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Clubs like Leeds United would go to court.
    It would be messy.
    Would the champions league places be based on last season.? Can see some legal challenges there too.
    You wouldn't blame them imo. Only a handful of fixtures left so if it stopped now, they should go up along with WBA, and we win our league.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,126
    Its really sad what is happening in the world.. any way I have looked at the odds we are like 1000 onto win the league. having dropped 5 points in 29 games.For us to be denied the title that would be heart breaking
    I know a lot of opposition fans will say we are being selfish with what is going on.. But that's because they are bias and using this outbreak as an excuse. All in all I hope a good outcome happens for everyone and very soon
    Leader of all..master of none..

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,013
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its really sad what is happening in the world.. any way I have looked at the odds we are like 1000 onto win the league. having dropped 5 points in 29 games.For us to be denied the title that would be heart breaking
    I know a lot of opposition fans will say we are being selfish with what is going on.. But that's because they are bias and using this outbreak as an excuse. All in all I hope a good outcome happens for everyone and very soon
    I agree, we're suggesting something that would be entirely reasonable, if it were any other team and I do mean ANY even either Manc club, I'd be saying they were obviously going to win it and if the season had to be called off, they should give it them.

    You are absolutely correct in saying that the people being selfish, letting the English game's long standing anyone but Liverpool bias get the better of them and behaving like bitter little children are actually the ones calling for a null and void season, especially as the only precedents of a seasons having been played as far as this one has saw the leaders at the time no more games could be played justly crowned Champions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ootsville
    Posts
    5,143
    The Athletic saying that more PL clubs than just West Ham and Brighton are starting to favour voiding the season. Sounds like the biggest hurdle is negotiating the payback owed to broadcasters.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,126
    They just protecting their own backsides. West ham could be relegated.
    Leader of all..master of none..

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,126
    I know theres more things in life to worry about right now. But this will come and go. We may never get in this position again.
    like I said and we all know. 29 games played and 5 points dropped. Seriously if we are denied the title. Its one sickening act by the whole of football.
    Leader of all..master of none..

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,877
    Welcome to 2020 football where the winners are losers and the losers are winners.

    Another issue is how do clubs sell ST's next season as if games are BCD for however long ?

    Big clubs will sell them no problem but if you are a fan of say Wycombe or Leyton Orient they wont be on tv and they would be paying for something they cant watch it would put these types of clubs in financial trouble.

Similar Threads

  1. Thommo: I can't see season resuming in April
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th March 2020, 01:10 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th May 2019, 06:14 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th April 2019, 04:30 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •