Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread: Resuming the season

How it is ; will be ...

We will get back to some normality by the start of May.

Good practice to clean hands, wear a mask if you are sick... if we have the resources wear a mask in public places.

Gel sanitizer everywhere.
    Units set up to test people in public places - Drive ins

Once this protocol is set up and running and the curve is flattened.. to reduce the burden on nhs units and respiratory systems then we can start to go back to some kind of normality within guidelines.

The Joe Public generally related to I'm alright Jack need to get into good habits.

One thing always astonished me was the dirty supermarket baskets ... horrendous! Now cleaned by our supermarkets ... hooray!

Perhaps closed door football can kick off mid may to end of june.

Come the 30 june there should be a cut off to finalise the season .

Whatever the positions are will be final for the following season.

What damage would that do ... finalise it the 30 June 2020.

All positions taken to decide winners , promotion etc

I hope you are right mate but I canít see football being played for at least as long as these distancing measures are in place. How can it?

I think games will happen in time, but behind closed doors.

Today's statement that it'll take 6 months to get back to normal and to relax social distancing gradually suggests that next season will be affected to some degree.

They are breaking it to us that we haven't seen the worst of it yet, it's going to get worse before it gets better. Some medics say it'll last all year and may be a second wave.

We should see the effects of last weekend's pandemic bank holiday in the next few days.

Miguel Delaney has it that the players will be put into camps and play in empty stadiums in the Midlands

"I doubt games will be screened free as the FA will owe Sky and BT £750m if they dont show the remaining games. It would be a breach of the £3bn contract. "

So to finish the season will be down to ££

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    "I doubt games will be screened free as the FA will owe Sky and BT £750m if they dont show the remaining games. It would be a breach of the £3bn contract. "

So to finish the season will be down to ££
    Absobloodyexactly. If the season ends now theres potentially 30 or more games that would be televised. That's a lot of money, theres so many problems that come with voiding the season. Far more than what's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Today's statement that it'll take 6 months to get back to normal and to relax social distancing gradually suggests that next season will be affected to some degree.

They are breaking it to us that we haven't seen the worst of it yet, it's going to get worse before it gets better. Some medics say it'll last all year and may be a second wave.

We should see the effects of last weekend's pandemic bank holiday in the next few days.
    The cunts who did that will now realise the damage they've done. The blurts who went out and had one last skinfull and the seaside squad. Fucking irresponsible, selfish arseholes. It absolutely infuriated me that.

Let's hope the curve flattens

Positive results in Germany South Korea and Portugal