Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 29 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter

Good to see the lads showing solidarity with the cause, a great photo of the entire squad in the centre circle at Anfield taking the knee.
    All the pictures i have seen of it were a bit lo-resolution to be honest.
    Where's NeverOffside when you need him.

Taking the knee seems a bit unfortunate in this case considering how George Floyd was killed.

Yep - I had similar thoughts initially. Smacks of a rash move to try and be the first to display solidarity.

Could have thought it through a bit better but the sentiment is 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Taking the knee seems a bit unfortunate in this case considering how George Floyd was killed.
    Before I start i'm not racist in any way whatsoever.

But please tell me where all these people on facebook,Instagram, etc are normally? racisim is a daily thing that's been going on for a long time, it's wrong, but why does it take someone to die for this reaction?

Do you reckon half of these people would even stand up, and risk getting into a fight if racisim happened in front of them? Fuck no, probably not.

I hate social media, and I don't see how ruining peoples livelihoods etc helps anyone either.

It's so easy behind a keyboard to act like you'll stick up for people, or i'm with you, etc but in reality this doesn't happen!!

If the amount of people caring, or well pretending to give a shit actually DID something about it, there would be a lot less of it, and no I don't mean posting black photos on instagram or profile pictures.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd June 2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Before I start i'm not racist in any way whatsoever.

But please tell me where all these people on facebook,Instagram, etc are normally? racisim is a daily thing that's been going on for a long time, it's wrong, but why does it take someone to die for this reaction?

Do you reckon half of these people would even stand up, and risk getting into a fight if racisim happened in front of them? Fuck no, probably not.

I hate social media, and I don't see how ruining peoples livelihoods etc helps anyone either.

It's so easy behind a keyboard to act like you'll stick up for people, or i'm with you, etc but in reality this doesn't happen!!

If the amount of people caring, or well pretending to give a shit actually DID something about it, there would be a lot less of it, and no I don't mean posting black photos on instagram or profile pictures.
    The same goes to everyone sucking up to the NHS now, where were all these supporters of the NHS before the pandemic? Like some doctors and nurses have said, don't bother fucking clapping if you are going out to the beach or getting pissed up injuring yourself. It pisses me off that all these big companies are now offering discounts or free stuff to NHS workers to self premote themselves as thoughtful business's.

Rant over!

It's all just Big self promotion bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    The same goes to everyone sucking up to the NHS now, where were all these supporters of the NHS before the pandemic? Like some doctors and nurses have said, don't bother fucking clapping if you are going out to the beach or getting pissed up injuring yourself. It pisses me off that all these big companies are now offering discounts or free stuff to NHS workers to self premote themselves as thoughtful business's.

Rant over!
    Society is just fucking shit, and this year is proving it people = shit

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post

Rant over!
    Itís not a rant - itís a very valid point.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks like I do! While I fully support the NHS and have done for years (I've used their services a fair few times over the years), I just find it sickening that people/organisations who have tried to cut them down (the Tories) and all these self promoting business's who are attaching themselves to the NHS to get the feelgood factor. I have a few freinds who work in the NHS and they have said themselves that they would rather get on with their jobs and get the help and resources they need than the pat on the back and free pizzas etc!

On a side note, why aren't the staff in Morrisons, Tesco's, Adsa's etc getting any kind of recognition? They've been worknig their arses off since day one and have had to put up with the arsholes who panic buy and kick off in the stores for months now without any kind of kudos?

2nd rant over!

Anyway, back to the topic. Taking a knee (like Stevie said) is a bit unfortunate but I guess it's the new raising the black glove like they did in the 68 Olympics.