Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. Like Mayweather offering to pay for George Floyd's funeral and posting it on twitter. Why for any other reason than self promotion. If he'd done it anonymously nobody would think how great he was for it but he'd have had his own peace of mind in doing something truly nice and the family would have still benefitted from a tremendous gesture.
    Unfortunately like you say it has to be upon social media for everyone to see.
    Im no fan of Mayweather but I thought it was his manager who blabbed ?

Apparently he has done this for numerous people in the past which hasnt been leaked.

You are right though Floyd is a fame hungry man.

Ian is right social media has done more damage than good you only have to see how many young people have mental health issues im no doctor but surely sitting on a phone 24/7 cant be doing them any good.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Im no fan of Mayweather but I thought it was his manager who blabbed ?

Apparently he has done this for numerous people in the past which hasnt been leaked.

You are right though Floyd is a fame hungry man.

Ian is right social media has done more damage than good you only have to see how many young people have mental health issues im no doctor but surely sitting on a phone 24/7 cant be doing them any good.
    Except for without social media most oppression and police brutality and all the other forms of bullshit carry on that happens via unscrupulous governments or power tripping public servants would come to light nearly as much. I'd say our overlords hate social media tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks like I do! While I fully support the NHS and have done for years (I've used their services a fair few times over the years), I just find it sickening that people/organisations who have tried to cut them down (the Tories) and all these self promoting business's who are attaching themselves to the NHS to get the feelgood factor. I have a few freinds who work in the NHS and they have said themselves that they would rather get on with their jobs and get the help and resources they need than the pat on the back and free pizzas etc!

On a side note, why aren't the staff in Morrisons, Tesco's, Adsa's etc getting any kind of recognition? They've been worknig their arses off since day one and have had to put up with the arsholes who panic buy and kick off in the stores for months now without any kind of kudos?

2nd rant over!
    Very true
    I have family who work in Asda
    Been called horrendous names
    Some 'customers' have been banned
    Unbelievable behaviour
    And these 'people' are white

Let's go back on history to understand the current situation
    We have drained Africa , India for example of resources , of people (slaves) and created wars and tensions.

And now we expect everyone to feel equal?
    To feel ok.
    We could add NI to the situation. I always remember an ex gf saying what should I put re my religion on an application form.

I thought wtf (I'm white privileged Male from London) so lived a sheltered life in comparison.

Finally read history from different countries which have sometimes a different story to tell.
    I wonder what N. Korea teach about history , geography.

Oh one last story. Religion in schools. What a waste of time. Primary school ok. Secondary school not ok.
    We had RE on a Monday and sport (football) on a friday for half the school year. The other half vice versa. So 120 kids RE on a Monday / the other 120 sport on a Monday.

I managed for 6 months do Sport on Monday and on Friday.

Then one day the sports teacher says hey Dicko I see you a lot.
    That's good I said.
    Yeah but I see you monday and friday
    ... and ?
    Well you should do Religion huh !
    Yeah teacher, but my religion is football.
    And I'm good at it , ain't I?

Shit so last 3 months of school year religion again grrr with the headmaster too haha!
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Yeah it does have its pros and cons but I was talking about mental health issues.

What is happening in many countries shouldnt be happening I totally agree and hopefully with how high profile this has hit the news it will change the views.

I doubt in my lifetime it will be stopped totally but I hope it goes in the right direction we shouldnt have to type this in 2020 but we do.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's loads of questions that may be asked but never answered, with loads of people including the media jumping on the bandwagon for their own personal gain.
    In this world now with social media who knows what's truth or fiction .
    I always go back to my younger days going up over here and out during the long hot summers, members of the media asking us to throw stones or setting fire to cars so they could get their picture. Even though there was fuck all really happening at that time. Looking back they were stoking up tensions for their own gains.
    But the top police need the authority to route out the bad eggs within their police force, only then will the people start showing them some respect. Because unfortunately they are all getting tarred with the same brush.
    So true
    So much fake news

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    So true
    So much fake news
    On that - when it comes to social media, it's too easy to edit "news" and in particular, video clips.

A girl on my friends list (now gone) had a clip uploaded of a group of black people apparently "jumping" a guy and the footage makes it look unprovoked. This had been shared on a page that, presumably, aims to denegrate the protestors and/or ethnic minority people in general.

The conveniently omitted part of the video (which I had previously seen online or I otherwise wouldn't have known about it) showed that the "victim" had been charging at the group of black people with a ceremonial sword. But the footage my acquaintance had shared insinuated that a group of black folks had attacked this guy "at random" at the protests and I am sure many, MANY folks will fall for that narrative, particularly if it backs any previous agenda they had, or confirms their World View to them.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

@LEGS. If thats true about Mayweather then fair play but he doesnt strike me as the kind of person who'd be pissed that something like that had leaked. If not then I hold my hands up and say fair play to the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    @LEGS. If thats true about Mayweather then fair play but he doesnt strike me as the kind of person who'd be pissed that something like that had leaked. If not then I hold my hands up and say fair play to the guy.
    I totally agree with you doubt he would be annoyed he probably does do some good things for people with his wealth but he isn’t a nice bloke as it shown when he got done for beating a woman up.

Why are people in the UK going out in droves protesting? Bet the Tories are loving this, gives them an excuse to blame someone else if we get an surge in the virus.

17thcentury Slave trader Edward Colston statue pulled down in Bristol UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0hrFnwNOU8#:~:text=Protesters%20in%20Bris tol%20have%20pulled,petition%20to%20have%20it%20re moved.
    Erected in 1895 for some reason. Perhaps he done a lt for the local community with his ill-gotten gains.
    I wonder why monuments like this are/were still standing - showa our ignorance - how insulting.
    400+ years of quite recent history have led to black people being viewed as a vastly inferior race by so many worldwide. I am not sure what the protest movement want in terms of changes - I hope they manage to form a common front and no violence