Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Chelsea and Newcastle players also took a knee in training today.

There's some question over doing it at matches because it would breach rules about making political statements but 'Kick it Out' are encouraging players to do so if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Chelsea and Newcastle players also took a knee in training today.

There's some question over doing it at matches because it would breach rules about making political statements but 'Kick it Out' are encouraging players to do so if they wish.
    Just don't do it, give the minutes silence for the people who lost died from the virus then get on with it. If God can get fined for supporting the dockers then where do them in charge stand on this kind of protest?

The thing that irks me in these situations is when "celebrities" like Rhianna,Beyonce Knowles, Ice Cube etc all speak out. All artists who at one time or considerably more in Ice cubes case have been more than happy to use the N word in their music. Not for anything other than for the sake of it too. Theres groups like RATM, public enemy and others who've spoke out against police brutality time and again getting get the time of day when doing so,they also manage to do it without using that word.
    Whenever people like Kanye West,Jay Z etc try and make political statements it makes them null and void the second their latest album or single is littered with the N word. Their argument isn't worth anyone's time aslong as this continues.
    Its fucking hypocrisy in the highest.
    Those artists are in a position to change it but they dont, they have used negative stereotypes of black people for financial gain and status. They glorify it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The thing that irks me in these situations is when "celebrities" like Rhianna,Beyonce Knowles, Ice Cube etc all speak out. All artists who at one time or considerably more in Ice cubes case have been more than happy to use the N word in their music. Not for anything other than for the sake of it too. Theres groups like RATM, public enemy and others who've spoke out against police brutality time and again getting get the time of day when doing so,they also manage to do it without using that word.
    Whenever people like Kanye West,Jay Z etc try and make political statements it makes them null and void the second their latest album or single is littered with the N word. Their argument isn't worth anyone's time aslong as this continues.
    Its fucking hypocrisy in the highest.
    Those artists are in a position to change it but they dont, they have used negative stereotypes of black people for financial gain and status. They glorify it.
    It seems that nowadays protesting in America means that if it gets enough attention you can start looting and fucking other peoples lives up. Same thing happened in 92 in LA, there maybe some scumbag racist cops but there are a lot of scumbags willing to take advange of a inoccent guy dying to get a free tv etc.
    Last edited by Aldo1988; 2nd June 2020 at 10:40 PM.

Ironic that Chelsea players took the knee. Chelsea fans are the most racist c#nts in football. Wonder what they think about it.
    i am not saying that Liverpool fans are perfect. I remember standing on the kop and hearing John Barnes getting abused by one of his own fans. No one called him out for it back then, and indeed in that swaying mass of bodies it would have been difficult to do much about it.
    I think both Liverpool and Manchester United have made good progress in the anti racism agenda, still a long way to go. And as cities I think Liverpool and Manchester are progressive. In Toxteth back in the day i recall it was pretty relaxed compared to other places. Used to buy weed on Gramby street or the Ibo on Princes avenue. But if you headed over towards the Dingle, that was white working class, and predominantly Everton. Toxteth was mixed, arty, students, black, Asian, chinese, Indian and mostly Red.
    Still some dodgy neighourhoods though, like kensington late at night. but i think London is much worse and London football fans are often the most dye hard racists, Chelsea, Millwall etc.
    With regard to our squad taking the knee, i think it is fine. It is a sporting reference after all. i think our squad is as multicultural as any in the league and it seems to be a very harmonious well integrated group. I am sure black players in our squad will feel very strongly when they see what happened to George Floyd., will be really able to empathise with that.

I can't understand how the good ol'USA is so racist? I grew up in the late 70's (I was born in 1975) and even though there was slight racism where I lived (I grew up with a lot of different races as I lived in a council estate!), I never saw any hatred to anyone who wasn't white while I was growing up in our estate. I'm not sure what it's like now but my parents say it's still the same and I reckon the are right!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I can't understand how the good ol'USA is so racist? I grew up in the late 70's (I was born in 1975) and even though there was slight racism where I lived (I grew up with a lot of different races as I lived in a council estate!), I never saw any hatred to anyone who wasn't white while I was growing up in our estate. I'm not sure what it's like now but my parents say it's still the same and I reckon the are right!
    Are your parents white by any chance? If so, they're probably safe from race fuelled policy brutality, which is what the protests are all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks like I do! While I fully support the NHS and have done for years (I've used their services a fair few times over the years), I just find it sickening that people/organisations who have tried to cut them down (the Tories) and all these self promoting business's who are attaching themselves to the NHS to get the feelgood factor. I have a few freinds who work in the NHS and they have said themselves that they would rather get on with their jobs and get the help and resources they need than the pat on the back and free pizzas etc!

On a side note, why aren't the staff in Morrisons, Tesco's, Adsa's etc getting any kind of recognition? They've been worknig their arses off since day one and have had to put up with the arsholes who panic buy and kick off in the stores for months now without any kind of kudos?

2nd rant over!
    Because they are businesses, also no political point scoring or claiming to be had.

Awful way to go, horrible police officer.
    Seen some nice protests over there, the rioting and looting rather dark and ignoring the wishes of the mans family, some of the policing is awful too.

No fan of BLM though, think they are rather cancerous in ways. Promoting the idea that the black communities woes are down to systemic racism. Outsourcing responsibilty and negating action from within the community.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It's all just Big self promotion bandwagon.
    Tend to agree.