Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 284

Thread: Black Lives Matter

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    11,980
    Going back to the George Floyd incident. Does everyone think it was racist or just pure police brutality ?
    Personally I think the biggest problem is the police which needs a complete overhaul.
    And as for the police officer Chauvin, personally I think he was a bully and going by the way his fellow officers just stood by doing nothing makes me think they were afraid of him .

  2. #82
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    8,255
    I think the US police attitude needs a complete culture change. They have a bullying mentality. Its unfair on the good ones as obviously not all of them are like that but like NFL stars there seems to be this bullying,frat party,macho attitude. Have you seen the footage of the old guy being pushed over? What's the need for the confrontational attitude to everyone? Surely it heightens tension but when you have such a dickhead in charge of the country it doesnt help.
    A complete side issue obviously and I'm not trying to detract from the racial issue but I can imagine being gay in those environments must be ridiculously hard too.
    Last edited by teesred; 6th June 2020 at 10:54 AM.

  3. #83
    Apparently officers Derek Chauvin and Tou Thau both had multiple complaints made against them even before this incident. And the policing of the protests suggests that those officers weren't just a few bad apples. It looks like the USA definitely has a police brutality problem. The perception though is that it's worse for black people due to systemic racism.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    18,249
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Going back to the George Floyd incident. Does everyone think it was racist or just pure police brutality ?
    Personally I think the biggest problem is the police which needs a complete overhaul.
    And as for the police officer Chauvin, personally I think he was a bully and going by the way his fellow officers just stood by doing nothing makes me think they were afraid of him .
    How could you know ?
    It could have been premeditated murder owing from a personal issue, they worked together at a club.
    George could have been a drug dealer (you might be too Ian) tuco salomon style and this was vigilante police justice owing from a spate of od's. Ive no evidence for this claim but it can happen.
    It could have been a racial prejudice. There is a claim he had difficulties with blacks.
    It could have been those bystanders who urged him to stop and him not complying with their requests as hes thickheaded.
    It could be hes just a nasty cop. That didnt get dealt with owing to cop union protection. Ive seen some leftys suggest amy klobuchar/klobocop was responsible for this, again no clue how true.
    Id imagine if there were no riots/looting wed be hearing a lot more about the 2 for a few days and then thered be soemthing else for people to get irate over as the news cycle like social media gets more interest/clicks by increasing polarisation and getting people angry.
    Investigations take time and unfortunately people want immediate justice.

    I would agree but id also say that policing in America would be a tougher job than over here. Seen a video of a cop over there rough handling a young black fella (not man size at all) really badly like hes a little rag doll.

    Nhs staff, thoughts and prayers for the angels. Doctors of death, a plethora of abuses can occur by medical staff. Weve seen it before. Carers robbing older folks. People being restrained and abused, neglected in care etc.
    Firemen: the heroes. Cut you out of a car whilst youre screaming your head off and get you into an ambulance. Fire fighting. But some firmen get addicted to the adrenaline and have started fires with tragic consequences/deaths outside of property damage. Likely the least amount of abuses.
    Cops: Pigs, bootlickers and cunts. Fook da police. Theyll be at the scene of a fire/car crash and then they deal with crimes. Rape and murder, gun violence, missing persons cases they liase with families for ages, overdoses - say trainspotting dead baby or just the damage of the really hard drugs in communities. They bring bad news to families and see some awful shit.
    Ive lost a few friends to heroin and suicide. One lad was caught drug/drink driving, having heroin/coke/drink in him he attempted to drive to a 24 hour shop as he was running out of smokes. He dropped his cigarette out the window and opened the door to pick it up off the ground, but he didnt have enough coordination/strength to lift himself back up. Got a month served 6 hours, later died with a needle in his arm on the street.
    Cops/expected to behave properly at all times. With this rioting theres a load of horrible shit happening and some police are acting poorly. Im not sure how you are supposed to keep your proffesional standards when you know people are going mad and trying to kill cops. Chaos

    He looked like the senior/lead cop. I think the asian looking fella will get off lighter than the rest, he was securing the area and essentially has an excuse ot had a differrent task.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    11,980
    There's loads of questions that may be asked but never answered, with loads of people including the media jumping on the bandwagon for their own personal gain.
    In this world now with social media who knows what's truth or fiction .
    I always go back to my younger days going up over here and out during the long hot summers, members of the media asking us to throw stones or setting fire to cars so they could get their picture. Even though there was fuck all really happening at that time. Looking back they were stoking up tensions for their own gains.
    But the top police need the authority to route out the bad eggs within their police force, only then will the people start showing them some respect. Because unfortunately they are all getting tarred with the same brush.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    18,249
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's loads of questions that may be asked but never answered, with loads of people including the media jumping on the bandwagon for their own personal gain.
    In this world now with social media who knows what's truth or fiction .
    I always go back to my younger days going up over here and out during the long hot summers, members of the media asking us to throw stones or setting fire to cars so they could get their picture. Even though there was fuck all really happening at that time. Looking back they were stoking up tensions for their own gains.
    But the top police need the authority to route out the bad eggs within their police force, only then will the people start showing them some respect. Because unfortunately they are all getting tarred with the same brush.
    Agree. Media and social media are horrible. Both increase polarisation and keep trying to keep people mad/angry as it drives content clicks and interactions. Its by design.
    They imo are a threat to civil society and creating nastier people. Per generation empayhy is actually in decline.

    To discuss difficult issues, chances are youll offend some people. Sometimes because youre right and sometimes because you are wrong.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Agree. Media and social media are horrible. Both increase polarisation and keep trying to keep people mad/angry as it drives content clicks and interactions. Its by design.
    They imo are a threat to civil society and creating nastier people. Per generation empayhy is actually in decline.

    To discuss difficult issues, chances are youll offend some people. Sometimes because youre right and sometimes because you are wrong.
    Agree with that 100 percent. Its created a horrible culture and it's not going get any better going forward. This whole "look at me and what I've got/done" mantra is horrid.
    TV shows like love island with abhorrent individuals who want an easy life without the work are not helping either. Children and young people looking at the likes of Kendal Jenner and thinking that is a form of work is just wrong but it's the world we are living in.
    Everybody wants validation, recognition or fame no matter what it's for or what the price may be.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    11,980
    Even when people are doing a good deed it has to be put up on social media.
    No, just do what you're doing and as long as you know you're doing good , just do it.
    Far to many social media whores for my liking.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Even when people are doing a good deed it has to be put up on social media.
    No, just do what you're doing and as long as you know you're doing good , just do it.
    Far to many social media whores for my liking.
    Yep. Like Mayweather offering to pay for George Floyd's funeral and posting it on twitter. Why for any other reason than self promotion. If he'd done it anonymously nobody would think how great he was for it but he'd have had his own peace of mind in doing something truly nice and the family would have still benefitted from a tremendous gesture.
    Unfortunately like you say it has to be upon social media for everyone to see.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    11,980
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. Like Mayweather offering to pay for George Floyd's funeral and posting it on twitter. Why for any other reason than self promotion. If he'd done it anonymously nobody would think how great he was for it but he'd have had his own peace of mind in doing something truly nice and the family would have still benefitted from a tremendous gesture.
    Unfortunately like you say it has to be upon social media for everyone to see.
    It's giving us a world of young kids growing into adults with low self confidence.

    Could you imagine a 2020, 18 year old young fella having to walk up to a girl in a nightclub and getting a knock back (not that I got any !!) Like happened back in the day.
    That's why we are so thick skinned !!
    Even bloody Leigh Frances has had to apoligise for Bo Select. What next, Peter Kay for pretending to be in a Wheelchair in Phoniex nights .

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •