Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson - Mastermind

Boris Johnson - Mastermind

The link below is a vidoe of Boris Johnson appearing on 'Have I Got News For You' from the later 1990's.
    It was the first time I ever came across him.
    I thought he was a twit then and nothing much has happened since to change my mind.
    The guy belongs in TV comedy - not politics.
    Older forumites (and indeed many younger ones)may have seen this already but his treatment by the team is still hilarious
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7T8CDggA4

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    The link below is a vidoe of Boris Johnson appearing on 'Have I Got News For You' from the later 1990's.
    It was the first time I ever came across him.
    I thought he was a twit then and nothing much has happened since to change my mind.
    The guy belongs in TV comedy - not politics.
    Older forumites (and indeed many younger ones)may have seen this already but his treatment by the team is still hilarious
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7T8CDggA4
    I would say that I can't believe he is PM but actually I can, and it's quite transparent how he managed it.

What I can't understand is that how people still think he (and Trump) are still credible.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

What a shambles. If Labour had had a viable alternative, none of those charlatans would be in government.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I would say that I can't believe he is PM but actually I can, and it's quite transparent how he managed it.

What I can't understand is that how people still think he (and Trump) are still credible.
    Absolutely. When you look at some of the things both of those pricks have said in the past it beggars belief that they are running their respective countries.

Classic Boris speech at the UN last year

https://youtu.be/5z4K_G14_Ho

I mean those are some pretty important questions he raises there. People are under the (not necessarily incorrect) impression that they have more important things to worry about now like the price of gas, but make no mistake, the best time to prepare for issues as big as the ones he mentions is yesterday. The second best is today.

He's a clown, but I thought that's the whole point of his character - the "lovable" bullish "Rule Britannia" attitude.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I mean those are some pretty important questions he raises there. People are under the (not necessarily incorrect) impression that they have more important things to worry about now like the price of gas, but make no mistake, the best time to prepare for issues as big as the ones he mentions is yesterday. The second best is today.

He's a clown, but I thought that's the whole point of his character - the "lovable" bullish "Rule Britannia" attitude.
    A carefully prepared script (but by who?) and what relevance?
    Major references to Prometheus (Greek mythology from thousands of years ago).
    People laughing in the audience.
    This week he blamed care homes for quote "not following procedures".
    Later, albeit via other ministers, he said this was misinterpreted and what was meant was that the procedures were not clear owing to the constantly new information becoming available (or something like that).
    If the procedures were not made clear then you cannot blame the care workers for not having followed them.
    No decent apology given just more waffle on that front (hard to defend really - easier for a full apology and an explanation upfront by BJ if that really was the case)
    That was an unforgivable error from someone in such a position and I do not endear myself to the "lovable" bullish "Rule Britannia" attitude. Such quips are never too faraway from him.
    One day there will be a proper independent investigation into what happened in our care homes and hopefully the truth will out.
    I continue to expect more such 'twit' crap from BJ (and his 'Eton' boys) during his tenure.
    Last edited by scientificred; 9th July 2020 at 02:52 PM. Reason: added line

Yeah, I don't dispute that this was probably not the right time / way to raise the questions, just that they are very important. He probably doesn't realise that, but even a broken twat is right twice a day, or however the saying goes.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Are you fucking kidding boris?

Making us wear masks in england from the 24th..... to go shops and supermarkts, well fuck that, and fuck boris.

Seriously now, when it's at the lowest and pubs have opened? what about before, 46,000 lives have been lost?

Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Are you fucking kidding boris?

Making us wear masks in england from the 24th..... to go shops and supermarkts, well fuck that, and fuck boris.

Seriously now, when it's at the lowest and pubs have opened? what about before, 46,000 lives have been lost?

Fuck off.
    Government don't know if they are coming or going.
    (just for a change).