Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just how poor are Arsenal

Ray Kennedy. Master stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Make a bid for Aubameyang, for 5 million and one.

Can't actually believe they tried to take suarez off us!!!!

I don't think us and arsenal have hardly done any transfers between us? or am I wrong, does Ox count?
    They are still seething after we sold to them Jimmy Carter for £500k !

Probably in today's value about £20m 🤣
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

To be fair he did go onto be the president of the USA
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I have watched a bit of AFTV for the first time ever.

Wow looks like someone or something died !

Arsenal is in a right mess. Nothing much has changed for the better. Maybe even worse.

Worst start since season 1974/75.
    They finished 16th in a 22 club league that season.

Liverpool finished 2nd; 2 points behind champuons Derby County. Arsenal did the double over us that season.

They're faring worse than we did under Hodgson.

Which is pretty damn bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They're faring worse than we did under Hodgson.

Which is pretty damn bad!
    They probably have a better/bigger squad (hard to see atm obviously) than us then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    They probably have a better/bigger squad (hard to see atm obviously) than us then too.
    I would say the team Hodgson had was better than this Arsenal team. Don't forget, it was more or less the same squad that Benitez left him with, plus a few additions from the bargain basement because the owners had stopped spending money. As bad as Hodgson was, there was no way we were getting relegated, the same as Arsenal won't do this season. In any case, he was always going to be short term as the owners were selling up.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I would say the team Hodgson had was better than this Arsenal team. Don't forget, it was more or less the same squad that Benitez left him with, plus a few additions from the bargain basement because the owners had stopped spending money. As bad as Hodgson was, there was no way we were getting relegated, the same as Arsenal won't do this season. In any case, he was always going to be short term as the owners were selling up.
    it's a close call in my view https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Liverpool_F.C._season#First_Team

Kuyt, Jova and N'gog upfront?

Defence is shaky, and the beginning of the decline of Reina.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

The sad and incremental decline of Arsenal FC

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    not sure about that tbh mate, not like arsenal ain't spent money either, we was very underfunded also tbh!