Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A message for my fellow Reds

A message for my fellow Reds

When we last won the title I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have done due to some very nasty things I was going through at the time. Fast forwards thirty years to our next league title, and yet again I'm going through some horrific things which have left me unable to enjoy the run in and our eventual nineteenth title.

Last night for the first time I can think of I didn't even react when we scored, and I really should/would have done under normal circumstances, never mind the quality of all four goals and the fact it puts us on the verge of clinching our first title this century.

I wish I was in a position to savour what is about to happen and to be able to celebrate with all my fellow Reds, but alas fate/the universe/Mr Murphy has made sure that won't be the case. You never know what's round the corner, so when something comes along that you've been waiting/hoping for, savour it as much as you possibly can.

When we finally clinch the title, whatever you do to celebrate be it a drink, a dance, or even a little dalliance etc, have one (whatever one may be) for me.

YNWA

Nice post noods. I’m so sorry that you’re having to go through this at the moment.

I’ve always believed that every experience that life throws at us – good or bad – should be savoured and learnt from. Over the last 3 months I’ve witnessed an appalling amount of death and suffering. It’s actually changed me as a person. I look at everyone differently, and give the benefit of the doubt more willingly. I’ve no longer got the capacity for petty dislikes or squabbles. Life really is too short. I might even go easy on referees when I can go back to watching football!

We’ve all known for quite a long time that this league title is ours. The only real doubt was whether we would be given the opportunity to finish the job. Truth be told, it all feels a bit anti-climatic from where I’m sitting. It’s a shame for the players and fans, but such is the situation we find ourselves in. There’s 19 other premier league teams that would happily swap places with us.

I won’t be celebrating too raucously. I’ll have a whiskey and a cigar, but they’ll be no singing from rooftops. Hopefully we’ll get a chance at Anfield some time in the future.

However, when I do have that whiskey, I’ll raise a toast and think of you noodle... a man I’ve never met, whose name I don’t know, yet I feel like I know you. Stay safe my friend.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Im sure in 30 years time when we have our 40th title you'll be around and be happy this time hopefully.. Good luck with what ever your going through and it turns out ok!
    Leader of all..master of none..

get well soon!

Bless you Noods...

I have to say - following on from that wonderful display by the Reds last night, that post above from southernboy is as good as it gets....inspired...

YNWA

Lovely post SB. And as you know Noods I'll raise a glass to your goodself.
    Our time has finally come after 30 years and finally buries the demons of Steve's slip. Sadly I wont be at Anfield to watch us lift the cup against Chelsea, as planned but we'll celebrate at home with flags and banners.
    Every everyone.
    And maybe a LFC ONLINE meet up sometime lads.

It's a shame it's like that for you Noodle. Hope you find some form of happiness in the future and try to enjoy this in some kind of way.
    Like SB says it's all a bit anti climactic and that's what's been robbed from us as fans. It's not right but it is what it is, we're about to get over the line.
    The thing is though, in seasons past (09 and 14) I think we would all maybe have thought it would be a one off but this has a feeling of beginnings that I guess started last season in Madrid.
    We're always proud as Liverpool fans but now we have the ultimate reason to be.

Savour the moment is good advice, it's been a strange year, many of us have confronted harsh realities and had to put things into perspective.

It was clear for a while that this season was never going to be a final day nail-biter then this corona hiatus has maybe taken a shine off it so we'll just have to go again next year. I hope we are all here to see it!

I hope you find some way to enjoy it when it's official Noods.
    For many reasons there will be muted celebrations which is a real shame, but that's what life throws at us sometimes. This isn't the best way to win it but there were worse options and Klopp has already said he doesn't care it we do it in the middle of next season, we will have that parade.....I hope you can get yourself well enough to enjoy that.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

When will everyone be celebrating? Tonight if Chelsea beat City or when we beat City