Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A message for my fellow Reds

Thatís a great story about you and noodle. Please stay away from Anfield

I agree completely agree with your point about respecting other teams and the name calling. Weíre all grown-ups; letís just enjoy the success weíre having.

Last night was very strange for me. After the game I spoke to my lads who were outside Anfield, against my advice, but who can blame them in all honesty?

I then went in the garden for my cigar and whiskey. Had a toast to noodles and the rest of you forumites. Then had a toast to my dad, who would have loved this team. Followed by a toast to my grandad who gave me his season-ticket just over 40 years ago. Pretty pissed by now.

At that point I was intending to go to bed, when my next door neighbours head appeared over the fence and asked me to go round for drinksÖ I succumbed to his persuasion. Heís a Leeds United fan but was happy to help me celebrate. At about 3 am his two lads and a couple of their mates turned up with what looked like a trolley dash from the local offie. I donít really drink anymore, and Iím ashamed to say that I really canít handle it any more.

Got home at about 9 am and the missus had hysterics when she saw me; the little bastards have shaved off my eyebrows . Iíve got to go back to work on Monday after two weeks annual leave. Thatís going to be an interesting conversation.

Needless to say, Iíve had the worst hangover for over 30 years all day and still feel like shit. Letís hope we donít win it again any time soon (thatís sarcasm by the way).
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Thatís a great story about you and noodle. Please stay away from Anfield

I agree completely agree with your point about respecting other teams and the name calling. Weíre all grown-ups; letís just enjoy the success weíre having.

Last night was very strange for me. After the game I spoke to my lads who were outside Anfield, against my advice, but who can blame them in all honesty?

I then went in the garden for my cigar and whiskey. Had a toast to noodles and the rest of you forumites. Then had a toast to my dad, who would have loved this team. Followed by a toast to my grandad who gave me his season-ticket just over 40 years ago. Pretty pissed by now.

At that point I was intending to go to bed, when my next door neighbours head appeared over the fence and asked me to go round for drinksÖ I succumbed to his persuasion. Heís a Leeds United fan but was happy to help me celebrate. At about 3 am his two lads and a couple of their mates turned up with what looked like a trolley dash from the local offie. I donít really drink anymore, and Iím ashamed to say that I really canít handle it any more.

Got home at about 9 am and the missus had hysterics when she saw me; the little bastards have shaved off my eyebrows . Iíve got to go back to work on Monday after two weeks annual leave. Thatís going to be an interesting conversation.

Needless to say, Iíve had the worst hangover for over 30 years all day and still feel like shit. Letís hope we donít win it again any time soon (thatís sarcasm by the way).
    Nice one 🤣🤣
    ďWe have to change, from doubters to believersónow.Ē

@Dicko

It wasn't my 'first game'. It was however my first game for a long time, and certainly my first with people I'd never met before. It was also the first game I'd gone to where the ground wasn't packed, and wasn't the usual experience where I was cajoled/forced to go straight into the ground and straight back out again, with no time to look around/pay my respects, get a programme, or even get a burger. It was also the first time I'd used a card rather than a paper ticket. On top of that I wasn't great even back then, and I knew that It was almost certain that it would be last time I'd get up to Anfield, hence why I wasn't really 'with it'. That game is still the only social occasion I've had/gone on in the last eleven years.

I only knew Karen had passed away because I came across something written by 'The Prince' where he mentioned her.

RIP 'The Princess'.

Hi Noods...I listened to the 2nd half of the Chelski/City game Thursday on 5 live radio in the back garden of Martyboy Mansion with my 3 pet lions and after we'd been confirmed as Champions gave out a couple of roars in delightment (I'm learning to speak their lingo)...The trouble was I had no alcohol in so had to celebrate with a Cappuccino.....So tonight not only will I be raising a pint or 2/3/4/5 of John Smiths to Jurgen and the lads but to you also because it sounds like life aint been very kind to you in terms of your health.....Try your best to enjoy us being Champions buddy.

best wishes

Mart....

Lovely post SB. And as you know Noods I'll raise a glass to your goodself.
    Our time has finally come after 30 years and finally buries the demons of Steve's slip. Sadly I wont be at Anfield to watch us lift the cup against Chelsea, as planned but we'll celebrate at home with flags and banners.
    Every everyone.
    And maybe a LFC ONLINE meet up sometime lads.

Been said a few times on here over the years....We really HAVE got a reason to do it now,count me in...

And me, letís go down the stag do route and all wear t shirts with our LFC Online names on.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    And me, letís go down the stag do route and all wear t shirts with our LFC Online names on.
    Haha sounds like a plan old chap....

The atmosphere in the forum is positively cheery these days, so a meet up might not even end in a mass brawl.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    @Dicko

It wasn't my 'first game'. It was however my first game for a long time, and certainly my first with people I'd never met before. It was also the first game I'd gone to where the ground wasn't packed, and wasn't the usual experience where I was cajoled/forced to go straight into the ground and straight back out again, with no time to look around/pay my respects, get a programme, or even get a burger. It was also the first time I'd used a card rather than a paper ticket. On top of that I wasn't great even back then, and I knew that It was almost certain that it would be last time I'd get up to Anfield, hence why I wasn't really 'with it'. That game is still the only social occasion I've had/gone on in the last eleven years.

I only knew Karen had passed away because I came across something written by 'The Prince' where he mentioned her.

RIP 'The Princess'.
    Evening game drive from london 4hx2
    Always tiring especially a midweek game when working and working the next day.
    I guess that was because of our chauffeur.
    Next time we'll get a better chauffeur
    ďWe have to change, from doubters to believersónow.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    The atmosphere in the forum is positively cheery these days, so a meet up might not even end in a mass brawl.
    Seriously?