Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Hey boss
    I'm a striker !! Ehem !!
    I am not keen on relinquishing my False 9 role in the side.

Want to pull a sneaky on the opposition, who will think I am a target man. Rather "insidious" of me, if you will.

Shaqiri is alive and well!

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Shaqiri is alive and well!

... but still not fit....

I like shaq but if he's not going to be available as back up then we need to have someone else in the squad who will be. Same with lallana who is another sicknote and we have seen that and have decided not to try to keep him. I expect the league to be much more competetive next season and the CL is always tough so most of the regular 14 or 15 starters will play those games if fit. The likes of shaq has to be available for domestic cup ties etc

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/danny-murphy-slams-nonsense-guard-18511407
    Danny Murphy. Go home you absolute blurt.
    Who out of our midfielders isnt for to lace De Brynes boots? Whilst he may be better than them all that is a truly stupid statement. An absolute prize prat.

Getting closer now.

Let's lay down a marker for the 20/21 season. We already live rent-free in City minds. There is an opportunity to twist the Knife. We should absolutely take it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/danny-murphy-slams-nonsense-guard-18511407
    Danny Murphy. Go home you absolute blurt.
    Who out of our midfielders isnt for to lace De Brynes boots? Whilst he may be better than them all that is a truly stupid statement. An absolute prize prat.
    Sounds like our Danny is a bit jealous of the lads success if you ask me. What he's saying there effectively is no top player or athlete forcthst matter shoukd have to respect anyone else's achievements. I thought respecting your opponent and their abilities is one of the founding pillars of sport in general.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Sounds like our Danny is a bit jealous of the lads success if you ask me. What he's saying there effectively is no top player or athlete forcthst matter shoukd have to respect anyone else's achievements. I thought respecting your opponent and their abilities is one of the founding pillars of sport in general.
    Yep. Hes since apologised but it really was a stupid thing to say. Dont have issue with the whole guard of honour stance he takes. It was the "lace his boots" bit that's made him look like a plum.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Maybe he's still bitter that Benitez shipped him out the season we won No: 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Maybe he's still bitter that Benitez shipped him out the season we won No: 5?
    He wasn't fit to lace Alonso or Mascherano's boots!! ;-)
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx