Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinion?

Unpopular opinion?

FSG: They created something at Boston and continue to see it through. Letís hope thatís the case with us.

Credit to them, got the right manager and chief exec. Spent where it was needed.

Long may our reign continue and the perch laid in the red of Liverpool.

Klopp is awesome and FSG have definitely played their part, learning as they went and getting better as time went along.

We are likely to remain in the Champion's League spots for the next 5-10 years and whilst we should obviously demand more than that, that's the necessary Status Quo that helps to keep revenues high, keep/attract sponsors, attact top managers, attract top players and be able to pay top players.

We are 37 points above 5th place.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

You can't predict the future sid, things change fast, but I hope you're correct!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    FSG: They created something at Boston and continue to see it through. Letís hope thatís the case with us.

Credit to them, got the right manager and chief exec. Spent where it was needed.

There'll always be critics of FSG. At the beginning they were too visible, too experimental and also appeared not to want to invest in team.

I think getting Klopp has been a masterstroke and the Klopp effect has reflected on to them. We've stayed at Anfield. They've invested at key moments with big signings. We've delivered on the pitch.

You have to give them credit as they have played a massive part in this.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You can't predict the future sid, things change fast, but I hope you're correct!
    We can't, but the structural sides of things is great and all looks fairly sustainable.

We have a few players that have sell-on value should we decide to capitalise on one of them further down the line (could sell Salah or Mane for big bucks when they're 30 or 31 and re-invest) with several players that have years ahead of them (Van Dijk is 28, Alisson is 27, Ox is 26, Fabinho is 26, Robertson is 26, Keita is 25, Trent is 21) and we have some promising younger talent that can come through to bolster the squad or gather funds.

Klopp's agent is also Nagelsmann's agent, so I am cautiously optimistic that we'll have a Top manager come in when Klopp decides to leave.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post

Long may pur reign continue

They do deserve credit, theres not many who would argue against that. They have undoubtedly turned the club around with astute decisions and taking their time to get it right.
    Klopp is the X factor at our club without question. They were the ones who managed to bring him in and put it all together.
    What can be said though (and this could be criticism I guess?) Is that we cant stand still. The squad needs investment and theres no getting away from it. We just have to see. Even if we dont bolster the squad we will still be there or thereabouts but if will be much harder.

I remember the days before they came!
    10 years from the abyss to this!!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I remember the days before they came!
    10 years from the abyss to this!!
    Yeah. Credit where it's due. Frightening times when Woy was there under the two cowboys. They've made some big boo-boos along the way. You never know how things will turn out. If things had gone better for Kenny or Brendan maybe Klopp would be somewhere else. Thankfully it worked out perfectly for once.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

On another thread someone said how we were lucky on recent games.
    I remember how, under Kenny and Brendan, we dominated games - loads of shots on goal but no scoring and then opposition scores with only 1 or 2 shots and we lose. Then ManU won (great strikers) but were consistently saved by DeGea. Now we have Alison but surely that is what a great team needs and is part of a great team - not just down to luck!