Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What can be said though (and this could be criticism I guess?) Is that we cant stand still. The squad needs investment and theres no getting away from it. We just have to see. Even if we dont bolster the squad we will still be there or thereabouts but if will be much harder.
    I don't think that's a criticism, I would say it's a fear. A valid one to a certain extent. However, COVID has impacted the finances around football, at least in the short term. The billionaire owner clubs will continue to spend the others will (like us) need to see how the world goes.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

They need to go out and spend big again. Get another world class player in and completely scare the shite out of all the other teams.
    We need to maintain our dominance.

Klopps first match 11

Mignolet

Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno

Lucas
    Can

Milner
    Lallana
    Coutinho

Origi...

Not done bad, really!!

Also with a staff member going people was worried about here, that he was the "brains" or whatever, didn't really bother us did it? the asistant? I can't remember.

Buvac? people was having a right meltdown!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Buvac? people was having a right meltdown!!
    Yeah he left just weeks before the European Cup final. Some of us were nervous, still haunted by the departure of Colin Pascoe a few years earlier.

It's strange to think that without his 'brain' Klopp just wandered around Melwood hugging people and we've picked up a few major trophies

current European champions for now, Super Cup, World champions god that seems ages ago, Premier League champions ffs fsg

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Yeah he left just weeks before the European Cup final. Some of us were nervous, still haunted by the departure of Colin Pascoe a few years earlier.

It's strange to think that without his 'brain' Klopp just wandered around Melwood hugging people and we've picked up a few major trophies

current European champions for now, Super Cup, World champions god that seems ages ago, Premier League champions ffs fsg
    Was Colin Pascoe that guy with Brendan's backroom staff who always appeared to wear shorts and carry a clipboard ?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Was Colin Pascoe that guy with Brendan's backroom staff who always appeared to wear shorts and carry a clipboard ?
    Yeah, I believe he put the cones out for the team

From the start my opinion was that they seemed genuine but they were making too many mistakes....

It seems now they are finally getting the strategy right and putting the best people in the top positions.

If the ffp rules stay as they are all should be good...however if the rules change and teams are allowed to start pumping Oil into the Equation it may be a different Story....let's love it while it lasts .... without gloating....just accept the fact that the Football club is back where its supposed to be......... if the team and the supporters keep the right attitude

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Yeah, I believe he put the cones out for the team
    Noooo - I am not having that....!

He used to sniff glue in the changing rooms too you know...

They're running the club well. They've done very well in the transfer market recently. What I like now is that we're getting good money for our deadwood/squad/young players. I was sick of seeing United getting £££ for the likes of David Healy or Darren Gibson.

However the single biggest element to our success is definitely Jurgen Klopp. He's simply breezed through the club like a hurricain and brought us all along with him!

The only thing I fear now is burnout. From both him and the players.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side