Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The sad demise of Tot Ten Ham Hotspur

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Will cost about x4 price suarez cost us, plus older wouldn't touch him for 150m odd with his injury record
    I'd rather City signed Kane for 5 years than Haaland or Mbappe for 10 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That was never a debate Taksin. And was entirely on another thread. I challenged your stance that owners are most important factor in success.
    So do you or don't you believe the ownership model is key to the success of a club?

I wish it was clear but it's hard to follow your meandering arguments. I mean, you did say FSG were negligent, criminal and clowns didn't you?

You're not trying to have it both ways are you, Steveo? I do believe I have accused you of trying it in the past, but I wouldn't wish to mis-characterise you.

And for historical accuracy, this didn't start with you challenging my belief that the owners were the most important factor in our success, this started because I challenged your constant assertions that we were being badly run as a club. It was and is much easier to argue that we are a well run club than arguing that the owners are the most important factor. I have added the the second part to illustrate how far apart our positions are and how much further it is possible to go than claiming criminal negligence.

Remember I asked you to name a better run club and you gave me Tottenham (on three occasions). Then you denied you'd said that. Now you say the owners are in fact 'key' and claim it was never a debate.

If you stopped going after the win, we might have an interesting discussion, but you have smelt defeat from the start and all we have as a result is endless circles to go round in.

By the way, I think Hicks and Gilette were actually doing a decent job up to and after the Milan final. The 2005 final was heavily against the odds but we were getting stronger and stronger after that point. We signed Torres after Athens and things were looking very promising.

It was after that point when things started to fall apart. They fell apart upstairs - Rafa was still a good manager, but everything lost its shape. The owners fell out with the manager - they weren't giving him what he needed, or they weren't able to assure him that they were working with him. They contacted Klinsmann to take his position after the falling out, undermining the direction of the club fatally. The ownership structure had lost its integrity at that point.

It took about tree years for Benitez to leave from that point and the club was thereafter destabilised, eventually severely. The sickness was in the board room and it wasn't until we got some health back into the core of the club that we were able to build for success again.

It might sound daft - BUT if he really wants out that badly and needs to lower his fee it isn’t that outlandish….. is it..?

Remember cannibal Luis..? Surely he was driving down his price to wriggle free…?
    Can't see it!
    Kane is ageing and is surely desperate for trophies and England have a good a chance as any in Euro2020.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Can't see it!
    Kane is ageing and is surely desperate for trophies and England have a good a chance as any in Euro2020.
    It's far fetched I agree but I wouldn't bet my life on it not being the case.

@ Taksin believe what you want. I really don't care.

I hope Man-city buy Kane.. hes not that fluent on the floor. He will cause a lot of their attacks to break down.. hes use to quick balls around the sides and crosses.,
    Last edited by justme; 20th June 2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You don't think he would strengthen them?

@ Taksin believe what you want. I really don't care.
    will do, Steveo.

I'll keep on reading what people say on here as carefully as I can, and occasionally entering into conversation with anyone willing

It might sound daft - BUT if he really wants out that badly and needs to lower his fee it isn’t that outlandish….. is it..?

Remember cannibal Luis..? Surely he was driving down his price to wriggle free…?
    That was nothing more than s love bite, or a friendly nibble!
    Had a girlfriend once who would bite my fingers when they were close to her mouth
    It was soft and gentle and playful (without giving too much else away!).
    A bit like a cat I had too.
    If Luis really wanted to sink his gnashers into you it would be seriously messy!
    It wasn't!