Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Brighton

Your team v Brighton

........................Alisson

Trent.....Gomez...Van Dijk...Robertson

.......................Fabinho

.............Henderson...Keita

....Salah.........Firmino......Minamino

The Mane call is simply about resting him.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I think Jones warrants a start over Minamino

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I think Jones warrants a start over Minamino
    Very fair argument for that.

I personally just want a chance in a low-pressure game to see Firmino, Keita and Minamino attempting quick one-touch interplay as I am quietly confident on Taki's capacity for good movement off the ball and so on, but that type of thing requires a chance in terms of developing chemistry.

It also makes sense I think to give our designated "back-up to the front three" players some game time given Origi isn't a natural fit (God bless him for his fantastic contributions but he isn't a long-term solution) or Shaqiri (injury-prone) until such times that we can bolster via the market or someone really pushing through.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

If everyone's fit, let's have our best 11 out and bring the subs on later

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

It was so noticeable last game that when changes were made that gave us something a lot nearer our best 11, the entire team's play moved up several levels the midfield with Hendo in the centre, Gini for company and one of Keita or Oxlade is particularly important to the team playing at it's best, if you have that at least you give any fringe players given an opportunity a much better chance of impressing

On Jones, he's a bit of a glory hunter and goes missing in action chasing goals when he's played at LCM because he's played mostly at LFWD for the reserves, but coming on at LFWD, for me he's shown a lot more potential and ability in helping the team function as it does at it's best in a few short games than Origi has produced in 5 years, so he should get the nod ahead of Origi
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

IT'S A FUCKING MIRACLE WILLIAMS STARTS

Jones.. however no ffs

No away goals since February, this looks like a job for Wijnaldum

Team confirmed:

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's get the win tonight and another vital 3 points, it is of absolute importance that we maintain our focus and mentality of never giving up, never being beaten and how important getting a win in each next game is

Alisson

Trent Gomez Van Dijk Williams

Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Oxlade

Now THAT is what I call an acceptable second string line up after all my moaning in the last match, that midfield works and has been proven to work as a midfield 3 and enable the team to perform at its very best levels in the games it has been used in before, GOOD, Oxlade at LFWD has been proven to work, he weighed in with 2 goals in 3 appearances from that position this season and as with the midfield selected, he enabled the team to perform at it's best levels playing there in place of Mane, he's not Mane, but it worked because the link play with the other forwards, LCM and left full back was all there enabling the team to function as it needs to in the starts he had there, when it is never ever evident whenever Origi gets a start

Good to see Williams get a start, great to see a line up including some second string players that inspires confidence we can look forward to something resembling a Liverpool performance and hope to see Jones get some minutes later if possible

Can’t agree with Ox playing wide forward, happy to be proved wrong but we’re all about pace out wide, with our full backs being creators in chief. With Robbo rested or injured, should we be also rotating Mané?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Can’t agree with Ox playing wide forward, happy to be proved wrong but we’re all about pace out wide, with our full backs being creators in chief. With Robbo rested or injured, should we be also rotating Mané?
    Ox has 2 goals in 3 games playing at LFWD this season, out of Origi, Minamino, Jones, Elliot etc Oxlade's the only player we have who has actually delivered from there when given an opportunity and helped the team function at its best, the rest fell a long way fucking short of doing the basics, Origi can't even link with the other forwards, LCM or left back, he's absolutely fucking useless out there and I to this day, for all my immense adulation of Jurgen, have absolutely no fucking clue what on earth he sees in origi playing there and why he has persisted with it so frequently

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Squad depth sorry, we've got no other wingers apart from Elliot who's a wee boy