CL final
    2Nd

European
    World
    League
    C H A M P I O N S
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Cctv 1984

All great sides - not really fair to compare them as every season is different.

In terms of league consistency - this team is the best by far. Look at the relentless point gathering. It has come at the cost of other competitions though. I also do believe the league has been more competitive in many of the seasons mentioned - so it is hard to say.

We don’t have the squad depth of years gone by - when we could dominate on many fronts... Seasons when a league title on its own was seen as a pretty average season. Let’s hope we get there again eh.

Best team - if pushed... and from seeing and comparing in the flesh - 88 ( no Europe though ) by a distance but was too young to get out and witness the earlier sides enough. All I can say is - I have never seen a Liverpool team so comprehensively better than its closest rival.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th July 2020 at 10:12 AM.

At 33 I am not as familiar with our great teams of the past.

For a long time '07-'09 has been the pinnacle to me, despite not winning trophies like Houllier's side. Trophies are a good yardstick of course, but not a perfect Barometer - if we look at rivals for example I would rate United's '08-'10 side more than their Treble-winning outfit.

A 97 points total (more than Mourinho's Chelsea) and a Champion's League Victory in one season is absolutely ridiculous - and we follow it up with a season where we have 89 points with 5 games to go? Just crazy.

We're a brilliant unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    At 33 I am not as familiar with our great teams of the past.

For a long time '07-'09 has been the pinnacle to me, despite not winning trophies like Houllier's side. Trophies are a good yardstick of course, but not a perfect Barometer - if we look at rivals for example I would rate United's '08-'10 side more than their Treble-winning outfit.

A 97 points total (more than Mourinho's Chelsea) and a Champion's League Victory in one season is absolutely ridiculous - and we follow it up with a season where we have 89 points with 5 games to go? Just crazy.

We're a brilliant unit.
    Absolutely incredible consistency no doubt - possibly the. best side we have had - and Klopp IMO has to take the credit for inspiring such such phenomenal levels.

Here is a decent read on the 87/88 side for those who never witnessed them.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/0...tballs-finest/

They will always have the fact that they didn't have Europe to contend with - and it is a fair point but:

“You couldn’t see it bettered anywhere, not even in Brazil.”
    Sir Tom Finney

Can't really compare but for me it was how easily they won games. The quality of the football was off the scale at times..

88 team was unreal. Been said many times that it is a real shame they didnt get to test themselves in Europe and possibly go up against the Milan team of that era.
    Theres a book called better than the Brazilians by Darren Phillip's. It's a good read.
    Current side as good as anything and the records say so. Win more trophies and it could go down as the best weve ever had.
    We are lucky to be seeing this.
    @Steveo. Ivd just got rid of a box of LFC vhs tapes recently and that was among them.
    Last edited by teesred; 7th July 2020 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    88 team was unreal. Been said many times that it is a real shame they didnt get to test themselves in Europe and possibly go up against the Milan team of that era.
    Theres a book called better than the Brazilians by Darren Phillip's. It's a good read.
    Current side as good as anything and the records say so. Win more trophies and it could go down as the best weve ever had.
    We are lucky to be seeing this.
    @Steveo. Ivd just got rid of a box of LFC vhs tapes recently and that was among them.
    If you haven't digitised them - get YouTube downloader and save that video before it gets removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If you haven't digitised them - get YouTube downloader and save that video before it gets removed.
    I didn't digitizse. Had no means to do so. They had been in the loft for god knows how long.
    I'll have a look at the downloader on youtube. Can you transfer them to a hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I didn't digitizse. Had no means to do so. They had been in the loft for god knows how long.
    I'll have a look at the downloader on youtube. Can you transfer them to a hard drive?
    This. should work

https://www.4kdownload.com/products/...rs/?ref=20vg20

Should be able to save the file .mp4 or any other type you like.. This is for Windows - but I have one that works on mac too.

https://download.cnet.com/MacX-YouTu...-76641301.html
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th July 2020 at 01:56 PM.

Nice one thanks.