Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troy Deeney preparing for his lap of honour

Troy Deeney preparing for his lap of honour

As the late great Bob Paisley once said:

“Some teams beat us, do a lap of honour and don’t stop running. They live too long on one good result. I remember Jimmy Adamson crowing after Burnley had beaten us once, that his players were in a different league. At the end of the season they were.”

I will absolutely love it if they go down on the last day and will be thoroughly expecting a Troy Deeney lap of honour when they do, called it at the time, I would LOVE IT
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We always seem to lose to a club that gets relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    We always seem to lose to a club that gets relegated.
    very true, I can remember back in the 60s we lost to Blackpool (at home), I think they were already relegated.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Leicester in the 80s

Pity Everton arent relegated too.

Mind you these days it is a guaranteed 6 points tbh. Ok a few draws in the last 20 years I suppose.

Interesting pub quiz
    Who beat the world European and champions elect 3-0 and got relegated.

1 team going to be happy

2 clubs a bit sad.

I hope villa

Because it has history as a big club.

Wouldn't miss Watford terribly.

Would have been jolly nice to see West Ham vanish though.

West Ham AND Villa vanishing would have been truly something.

Oh well, always next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Wouldn't miss Watford terribly.

Would have been jolly nice to see West Ham vanish though.

West Ham AND Villa vanishing would have been truly something.

Oh well, always next season.
    Problem is that West Ham are playing United tonight and I'm sure everyone would like West Ham to win that one to help keep United in 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Problem is that West Ham are playing United tonight and I'm sure everyone would like West Ham to win that one to help keep United in 5th
    Man United are odds on with the bookies to finish 3rd.

It would be a big result for Moyes, who are safe bar freakish swings in goal difference, and they can't climb much higher up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Man United are odds on with the bookies to finish 3rd.

It would be a big result for Moyes, who are safe bar freakish swings in goal difference, and they can't climb much higher up the table.
    Just checked the goal difference at the bottom and West Ham would have to suffer two very heavy defeats and for one of the teams below them to hammer someone on the last day. Lets hope they just play for pride

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Nah, West Ham are safe unless there are exceedingly high-scoring circumstances in certain gamesin the favour of certain sides.

So given that they're already pretty much safe NOW, I'd love an unlikely victory over United.

I would have enjoyed them being where Norwich are for the sheer hilarity of the mess they would be in with their stadium gamble, but it didn't play out that way.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay