Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3942434445464748495051525354555659 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 596

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread + PL Trophy Presentation)

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Thankfully my mate was 13 when we last won it. He took his life the day before we beat Huddersfield away around two seasons ago. So tonight I'm drinking for him and for myself, I wish he was here to witness this after years of ridicule but the next time I go out with his sons and his brother we will celebrate more than we did when we won the Champions League for him.
    that's nice. at least he will be always remembered..as long as people are around to remember him. That's all anyone can really do.
    Football does play a huge part in peoples lives. as its great seeing our team /players/managers fans and so on celebrate achieving something.But most of all human life is more important..
    Leader of all..master of none..

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    28,039
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Many years ago, I was a volunteer for the Samaritans. The first thing we were taught, was to listen. The second thing we were taught was to never say “there’s always somebody worse off“. It’s actually the worst thing you can say to somebody that’s having personal problems, because at that moment in time, their problems are massive for them.
    I would ring them, but I don't want to have them all needing therapy afterwards on my conscience.

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    28,039
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm buying some papers when I finish work in the morning. Always buy them after a trophy win.
    I'm sure many other Reds will be doing the same. Hopefully this turns a load more youngsters into life long Liverpool fans.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,620
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm buying some papers when I finish work in the morning. Always buy them after a trophy win.
    Never really bought newspapers but I do remember getting about 8 of them after we won the champions league under Rafa..
    Not to read the columns. because peoples opinions are by the by. But the dozens of photos tells a different story.. Amazing to see
    Leader of all..master of none..

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    5,831
    I know you’re half joking noodle, but honestly, if you ever feel like chatting, give them a call. There’s no pressure, they won’t even ask for your name. They’re just great people that are happy to sit and listen and give advice if you ask for it.

    Take care mate
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    28,039
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I know you’re half joking noodle, but honestly, if you ever feel like chatting, give them a call. There’s no pressure, they won’t even ask for your name. They’re just great people that are happy to sit and listen and give advice if you ask for it.

    Take care mate
    Cheers.

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Many years ago, I was a volunteer for the Samaritans. The first thing we were taught, was to listen. The second thing we were taught was to never say “there’s always somebody worse off“. It’s actually the worst thing you can say to somebody that’s having personal problems, because at that moment in time, their problems are massive for them.
    I thank you for all the lives you have saved, my mate had a few attempts at his life but never phoned for help. He was a really confident/good-looking guy who we never thought would do it it, but he tried it a coue of times and luckily got caught. The last time he didn't as he was away.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I know you’re half joking noodle, but honestly, if you ever feel like chatting, give them a call. There’s no pressure, they won’t even ask for your name. They’re just great people that are happy to sit and listen and give advice if you ask for it.

    Take care mate
    Nice post.

    Hope you're able to use tonight and different parts of the season as some real escapism Noods.

    Like that great Liverppol band the Lightning Seeds sang, '30 years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming'. That's some foresight!!!

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    that's nice. at least he will be always remembered..as long as people are around to remember him. That's all anyone can really do.
    Football does play a huge part in peoples lives. as its great seeing our team /players/managers fans and so on celebrate achieving something.But most of all human life is more important..
    Thanks Justme, I can't wait till it's okay to meet us with his family to enjoy this properly. Let's just say, we'll all have another night to celebrate this and his life.

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    28,039
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Nice post.

    Hope you're able to use tonight and different parts of the season as some real escapism Noods.

    Like that great Liverppol band the Lightning Seeds sang, '30 years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming'. That's some foresight!!!
    Thank you.

Similar Threads

  1. Chelsea v Liverpool (FA Cup 5th Round Match Thread)
    By RedNoodle in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 380
    Last Post: 5th March 2020, 10:13 PM
  2. Chelsea v Liverpool (Match Thread)
    By RedNoodle in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: 28th September 2019, 02:58 PM
  3. Liverpool v Chelsea (Super Cup Match Thread)
    By RedNoodle in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 19th August 2019, 08:12 PM
  4. Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)
    By RedNoodle in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 273
    Last Post: 16th April 2019, 10:08 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •