Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 646495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread + PL Trophy Presentation)

For those in the know (pardon my lack of knowledge). but the championship trophy looks very much like the old first division trophy we won for fun.. Maybe they just look alike. if they are,its nonsensical since its not the same league that has been won.
    Leader of all..master of none..

There was more riding on this for Frank Lampard than for us, although obviously we wanted to win it because of the trophy later. I think he just got heated like can happen on the touchline. Later he seemed to say it was all ok .
    I think Mane tried to stay on his feet despite being fouled, then saw that the foul was causing him to lose the ball, so went down a half second later than looked natural. So Frank saw it as a dive i think.
    Lampard is one of the very few players to have played for Chelsea that comes across as a half decent person.
    Didn't he nobble Alonso deliberately in one game though?
    Who would we prefer to miss out on Champions League, Chelsea or man U.? Chelsea look to be hurling money around, and you think CL football will help them in that.
    Utd I see as less of a threat. Their whole defence looks shit when they come up against any quality.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    For those in the know (pardon my lack of knowledge). but the championship trophy looks very much like the old first division trophy we won for fun.. Maybe they just look alike. if they are,its nonsensical since its not the same league that has been won.
    Same trophy I think.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Same trophy I think.
    It is indeed.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Ok thanks , would explain why some morons think the Premier league is another league after its inception in 1993. According to that doofus Tyler we only have 1 premier league and Man-united 13.

We actually won it 19 times because we played Sunderland in a 100 year centenary game in 1999 and won it.

If the season restarts in mid September. It Means we will be hearing not long after the play off finishes. who we will get next season
    Probably be Man-united away on the first weekend ..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    According to that doofus Tyler we only have 1 premier league and Man-united 13.
    92-93 - "FA Premier League"
    93-01 - "FA Carling Premiership"
    01-04 - "FA Barclays Card Premiership"
    04-07 - "FA Barclays Premier League"
    07-16 - "Barclays Premier League"
    16-now - "Premier League"

United have never won the Premier League.

Naturally I am being incredibly facetious but you get the premise - simply changing the name doesn't change the Tournament - and the silly argument that United fans have made for years is easily refuted by highlighting the above.

Some people on here will know via my coverage of the Olympics how much I love that sporting extravaganza.

Here is a video of Olympic 400m champion, and world record holder Wayde van Niekerk (The Biased Bull**** Corporation called him Wayne) being interviewed by former 200m and 400m Olympic champion/world record holder Michael Johnson. During the interview van Niekerk discusses his love for the Reds and how they inspired him to Olympic glory:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/53515122