Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread + PL Trophy Presentation)

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    That is so bitter ! Hahaha
    They just cannot cope .
    There's every chance we play them in the Community Shield next season and they do look set to improve, certainly in attack at least. Can foresee a re-ignition of the "rivalry" such as it is bubbling up again.

Should our fans sing "f**k off Chelsea FC" again at any stage, they'll need to remember it isn't "five European Cups and Eighteen Leagues" any more!

[/QUOTE]didn't he nobble Alonso deliberately in one game though?
    [/QUOTE]
    I think Lampard deliberately nobbled Alonso at least once - 2004/2005 season - caused Xabi to miss large part of season but managed to make it for CL final. The foul I recall was like a cynical stamp on the foot/ankle near the halfway line. He may have done this on another occasion also.
    PS - quite a number of our CL final team had missed large parts of the season due to injury but managed to get wheeled out for that game (from memory - Kewell, Cisse, Hamann, Smicer, Alonso - but stand to be corrected).

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Fair point. Strange indeed. I can only imagine that COVID is to blame.

On a side note, I didn’t see Mané in the celebrations.
    Yeah I suppose...... I'm sure there would of been a way though.

Dissapointing I honestly think they'd sell up with a very good offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah I suppose...... I'm sure there would of been a way though.

Dissapointing I honestly think they'd sell up with a very good offer.
    Do you reckon we're at peak return on investment now or can it go further. Doubt there's many out there whod be willing tk she'll out what it would take to buy lfc now.

Part one of an interesting documentary about our season.

At one point, it’s suggested that if we’d won the league in 2013/14 we wouldn’t have got Klopp. Whilst I agree with the premise, I’m torn on how I feel about it. As much as I love Klopp and the current team, I would have given anything to see Stevie and Carra with the Premier League trophy.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    As much as I love Klopp and the current team, I would have given anything to see Stevie and Carra with the Premier League trophy.
    Glorious as it would have been for Stevie to put the Demons to bed on a personal level, it would have been a False Dawn for the club as a whole most likely. I doubt we would have kicked on under Brendan - he has shown himself to not be ready yet for a job of the magnitude of Liverpool.

The years of hurt have made the fact we are where we are so much more special and we get to appreciate the League win and our current position of strength in a way we wouldn't have had we suffered less as a collective.

The view from up here is so glorious because the climb was so difficult. I doubt we will take it for granted and that is a very good thing.

I do hope Stevie can, in time, come to peace with the situation and what will legitimately be a form of PTSD. The narrative push for him to come in and "settle unfinished business" only ends in tears unless he has a very rare managerial talent. We all have questions about Lampard's capacity to coach a defence and United having a foreign super-sub rather than Pochettino or whoever is laughable - it would be like us having Origi in 15 years - lessons to be learned. The Zidane situation is the exception, not the rule.

Would rather see Pep Lijnders than Steven Gerrard as a natural successor, .

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Would rather see Pep Lijnders than Steven Gerrard as a natural successor, .
    I hope for the best available Manager for our structure. Could live with Lijnders, think Nagelsmann is the closest I have to a "dream" replacement at present, naturally wish Klopp would sign a contract for life.

The thing about Pep is that together with Jurgen he has created not only the footballing greatness but also a certain feeling in the squad, which they all reference, about how great the atmosphere is, the personal relationships, everyone just loving it, and everyone feeling included and inspired (as far as i can tell anyway!). That is such a rare thing, most clubs have at least a few bad apples in the dressing room or players whose agents are looking to stir up shit. So Pep is part of that and understands it, but any new manager coming in, no matter how good a coach, can he rebuild that feeling, that winning feeling and love and respect which seems to run through the squad?. It's not a given, and i think it is one of the things which makes our team so able to succeed. 20 points better than our nearest rivals, whose squad on paper many would consider higher quality.
    When Jurgen eventually leaves, it's going to be a hard act to follow. So i would say give Pep Lijnders a fair crack of the whip (if he wants it) and if it goes pear shaped the ok we can look at other options.

I wouldn't want Gerrard has manager.. hes always blaming someone for their losses..if its not players its the officials .. where as Klopp keeps in it house 99% of the time.
    Leader of all..master of none..