Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread + PL Trophy Presentation)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I wouldn't want Gerrard has manager.. hes always blaming someone for their losses..if its not players its the officials .. where as Klopp keeps in it house 99% of the time.
    Yep whiney as fuck.

Job would be too big for him also

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yep whiney as fuck.

Job would be too big for him also
    Considering the shite he had to put up with during his time at Liverpool. Be that sub standard players and managers. With that being arguably the best player ever to play for us, calling him whiney as fuck is very very harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Considering the shite he had to put up with during his time at Liverpool. Be that sub standard players and managers. With that being arguably the best player ever to play for us, calling him whiney as fuck is very very harsh.
    He is manager wise, just the facts.

Best player ever, based on what? the time he was with us? being a scouser?

Yeah he was very good, but best player ever? we've had plenty of very very good plaeyrs play for us, some in recent years, so i'm not sure about that

if TAA is with us 5+ years, i think he'll be the best local lad we've had, if he's not already nearly there.

It's like saying carragher is the best CB we've had, and that's not the case at all.

Leicester still won the league with only 1-2 real stars the rest medicore! mainly mahrez+vardy
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st August 2020 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Its proper nomark stuff and shows them up and shows them up for the nothing club they are. Can you imagine Utd going that? Not a chance because despite the rivalry they've got class. The likes of City and Chelsea lack it in abundance.
    United have class?

Gerrard was an awesome player no doubt about it. Look at his goal scoring record for a midfielder. and yep we had some utter tripe in the same side he played in. I just don't think he would make a good manager for Liverpool..But time will tell.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Iíve been going to Anfield since Ď71 and Gerrard would be the first name on my team sheet, along with Dalglish, Hansen, Suarez and Souness. Considering what Gerrard has to play with, we should all thank our luck stars Gerrard was around when he was. No other player in our history could have carried that ramshackle lot for a decade like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I’ve been going to Anfield since ‘71 and Gerrard would be the first name on my team sheet, along with Dalglish, Hansen, Suarez and Souness. Considering what Gerrard has to play with, we should all thank our luck stars Gerrard was around when he was. No other player in our history could have carried that ramshackle lot for a decade like he did.
    That's a similar line up to the one I'd have. For me Gerrard is the most complete player I've ever seen (either live or video footage), and also the closest thing I've seen to a real life "Roy of the Rovers". I've always said that if I could clone one player to make up a team of outfield players, I would choose Gerrard, and I'd be confident of being able to beat any other team put in front of it.

If an in his pomp Gerrard was playing for us now, he'd be in contention for the ballon d'or as often as Messi and Ronaldo.

Roy of the Rovers is a pretty good analogy. He had absolutely everything

How any Liverpool fan living through the Gerrard years could say anything remotely bad about him is beyond me.
    He was simply amazing and we were very very lucky to have had him.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How any Liverpool fan living through the Gerrard years could say anything remotely bad about him is beyond me.
    He was simply amazing and we were very very lucky to have had him.
    There was a couple of guys on here that were having a go at him for a bit. I just let them get on with it, which is an example I use when trying to get others on here to be a bit more accepting of others views on things such as our players, manager, or owners.