Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Newcastle United v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Newcastle

Dubravka, Fernandez, Rose, Manquillo, Lazaro, Shelvey, Bentaleb, Almiron, Ritchie, Saint-Maximin, Gayl

Subs: Darlow, Carroll, Joelinton, Muto, Hayden, Yedlin, Longstaff, Watts, Young.

Liverpool

Alisson, Williams, Gomez, Van Dijk, Roberston, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Origi

Subs: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Jones, Elliott, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Referee

Anthony Taylor

Well, I really wanted our strongest possible side out and to end the season with a great display and a win, I still want that, but I doubt we'll be at our very best with the line up put out. Great to see Williams get a start no qualms about that, midfield with Milner and Gini the more holding players allowing Naby license to attack seems a reasonably well thought out experiment, changing the entire front 3 is never a good thing in my book, sure give players opportunities especially when you can afford to, but for me it's always best to do that making one or two changes and giving them that opportunity in something as near to the best 11 as possible, not fielding 3 forwards who have hardly shone in that position, although Oxlade had 4 or 5 great appearance in for Mane at LFWD this season.

I have a horrible feeling the perenially failing experiment, or obsession if you like with Jurgen fielding Origi at LFWD when he has shown absolutely NOTHING in that position worthy of him ever starting in it in 5 years to even offer encouragement will continue, still, it really really should be Origi's farewell appearance

Alisson

Williams Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Milner Keita Wijnaldum

Oxlade Minamino Origi

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, let's be as good as we can possibly be today given the line up, get the win and another vital 3 points here today and hopefully big Divock can sign off with a goal and Minamino can open his account
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hahahaha!!!!!!

Why did Gini just give Shelvey ball

And we concede straight away.

1-0 Newcastle really really really sloppy, our changed midfield let Shelvey take a quick free kick, Williams sleeping playing Gayle onside

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Why did Gini just give Shelvey ball
    Maybe he thought he was still a Liverpool player?

I'd probably shouldn't do that.
    I shouldn't slag off Gini or one of the resident top Top Reds fans is going to jump down my throat for not being nothing short of absolutely 100% fully supportive of the players at all times on a match thread.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Might switch over and see how the other games are going, it's won now and if Jurgen can't take it seriously and elects to field a line up like this, then why should I waste my time watching us labour in a dead rubber

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Might switch over and see how the other games are going, it's won now and if Jurgen can't take it seriously and elects to field a line up like this, then why should I waste my time watching us labour in a dead rubber
    If you've using a PC, get all the games going. I've got us plus the Mancs and Chavs on the go.

Just tuned in, 96 goals to score lads