Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: Three in a row.

Three in a row.

With the documentary "The Last Dance" showcasing the difficulty of staying consistent - in this case the Chicago Bull side of the 90s, emphasis was placed on the difficulty of winning three titles on the bounce - and indeed the Bulls managed to repeat this feat and the term "threepeat" was born - something I think we are unlikely to see in Premier League football, due to the intensity of the ever-evolving Arms Race that is the modern game and the money associated with it, combined with keeping a side hungry.

Success is defined in different ways, but nobody can argue that the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons have been wonderful for Liverpool, with us winning one of what I refer to as the "elite" trophies in each season, that is to say, a European Cup and a League title.

As well as that though, we have managed two LARGE point hauls - United were the trophy-hoovering machine of the 90s and 00s and they never achieved a points total as high as 97 points, so to beat their highest ever tally (and that of Mourinho's Chelsea) two seasons in a row, is really something.

So, on two different fronts, we are faced with a "third time" challenge - one is to win 95 points or more again (we didn't win anything for that on 17/18 but I still think it's an incredible achievement) and one is to win an "elite" trophy again, be it the League or Champion's League.

Do you think we can (or will) achieve one (or both) of these targets?

Also, does anyone dare to believe we will go one step further by winning a League and Champion's League double during this team's "cycle" before major changes to the front three are needed?

I personally am not sure we'll get 95+ points again, but I certainly back us to get 90 or more, which may be enough if this season is anything to go by. Also fancy us to go deep in the Champion's League, though am slightly less confident about it than I would be given how important our crowd is.

Whatever happens, we are some team!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Paragraph 1:
    Loserthink, were only starting.

I can argue the 18/19 & 19/20 seasons have been top notch.

Id take 2 pl titles over 2 high points gathering seasons with 1 title.

Loser-question. We spend a few millions and do a big double, look at the history our lads are up against at the club.
    They're not quitters, theyre believers and winners.

We need to add talent thats first team ready. We should be able to...

Pl fans are back in october iirc, or set to be.
    We should add and we should take back our CL title and use that hurt from this year to defend our pl title.

2nd-place+1 point & CL final +1gd MINIMUM

Will be some year

Defiantly doable, tough as *fuck mentally to put it all on the line again and again but they've got a taste of winning now and you can tell they want more.

Would love a big signing to inject some freshness into the squad but we all know that ain't happening.

Best team, best manager......no reason why we can't have a real go at defending the title (how good does that sound) and going deep in the CL.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Defiantly doable, tough as *fuck mentally to put it all on the line again and again but they've got a taste of winning now and you can tell they want more.

Would love a big signing to inject some freshness into the squad but we all know that ain't happening.

Best team, best manager......no reason why we can't have a real go at defending the title (how good does that sound) and going deep in the CL.
    So good. So very, very good.

Bayern could be the team to beat in 20/21 - they look really strong and have a side that combines experienced winners with talented younger players.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay