Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: Matt Scammell appointed as Commercial Director (former United man)

Matt Scammell appointed as Commercial Director (former United man)

Liverpool appoints former Manchester United man Scammell as commercial director

Newly-crowned Premier League champion Liverpool has announced the appointment of Matt Scammell as its new commercial director.

Scammell arrives at Liverpool having spent nine years with the club’s fierce rival Manchester United in various commercial roles.

He joined the Red Devils in 2011 as sales director, progressing to become the club’s head of global sponsorship sales in 2017 before leaving in February of this year.

At Liverpool, he will focus on the continued expansion of the club’s portfolio of commercial partnerships, at a time when its fortunes are on the rise following two years of on-pitch success. He will report directly to Billy Hogan, Liverpool’s managing director and chief commercial officer.

On Scammell’s appointment, Hogan said: “We’re very pleased to welcome Matt to the club, his vast experience and expertise will undoubtedly continue to drive our commercial partnerships business in the right direction – I look forward to working closely with him.”

Scammell himself added: “I’m delighted to be joining Liverpool at what is a really important time for the teams both on and off the pitch. I’m looking forward to using my experience across sport and technology to enhance the great work already being done at the club.”

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/liverpool-appoints-former-manchester-united-man-scammell-as-commercial-director/
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

SO we are recruiting, just off the pitch it would appear
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

To be fair they have been streets ahead of everyone else in England in that department for decades.
    If he takes us up a level then great, he isn’t on the pitch.

Can he play left back?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    To be fair they have been streets ahead of everyone else in England in that department for decades.
    If he takes us up a level then great, he isn’t on the pitch.
    Yeah they really have.

Think a part of his at United was a combination of maximising their social media presence on all platforms for their club, whilst also finding out how to "connect the dots" as it were between someone merely following the club's social media to actually buying club merchandise and so on.

Having Scammell and Nike simultaneously could be an interesting watch - then if we could get the Anfield Road end to have those 7,000 extra seats by the 23/24 season (and are hopefully still performing well on the pitch in preparation for more years of Klopp or a new Manager) we should, theoretically, find ourselves in a pretty nice spot.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah they really have.

Think a part of his at United was a combination of maximising their social media presence on all platforms for their club, whilst also finding out how to "connect the dots" as it were between someone merely following the club's social media to actually buying club merchandise and so on.

Having Scammell and Nike simultaneously could be an interesting watch - then if we could get the Anfield Road end to have those 7,000 extra seats by the 23/24 season (and are hopefully still performing well on the pitch in preparation for finding a replacement for Klopp who can work miracles on a low budget) FSG should, theoretically, find themselves in a pretty nice spot.
    Fixed for you.