Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMA Manager of the Year

LMA Manager of the Year

LMA Manager of the Year Jurgen Klopp Liverpool

Ha!! Fergie having to announce Jurgenís efforts in putting Liverpool back on their perch resulting in him winning another shiny new trophy

Championship Marcelo Bielsa Leeds Utd
    League 1 Mark Robins Coventry
    League 2 David Artell Crewe
    "I am the Normal One."

I like the fact that Klopp phoned Fergie at 3am to let him know that we'd won the league.

It might be my age catching up with me, but I quite like the fact that Jurgen has got Ferguson’s phone number. I think it shows a bit of class on both sides. I remember Ged always got on with opposing managers. I don’t think it does any harm. They’ll always be some, mainly English managers, that will never accept Klopp as the world class talent that he is.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I like the fact that Klopp phoned Fergie at 3am to let him know that we'd won the league.
    That's fucking brilliant. I bet Jurgen had a bit to drink. and thought lets phone that old toad and tell him
    I bet you Fergie tried it on previously with Klopp. Like he did with Rodgers sending him a card with different formations inside etc.
    Fergies an a-hole of the highest order.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It might be my age catching up with me, but I quite like the fact that Jurgen has got Ferguson’s phone number. I think it shows a bit of class on both sides. I remember Ged always got on with opposing managers. I don’t think it does any harm. They’ll always be some, mainly English managers, that will never accept Klopp as the world class talent that he is.
    Agree. It shows they're above rivalry in its extremist terms I guess and despite what we think about Ferguson as LFC fans hes got a standing in the game that's fantastic and that's for a reason.
    He sent Rafa a congrats letter after Istanbul which shows hes a good guy. The mind games was all part and parcel of football, trying to gain the edge.
    Lampard should take note because regardless of wether he said what he said to Klopp or Linders or anyone it showed a total lack of class.
    No manager should ever belittle another manager's achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. It shows they're above rivalry in its extremist terms I guess and despite what we think about Ferguson as LFC fans hes got a standing in the game that's fantastic and that's for a reason.
    He sent Rafa a congrats letter after Istanbul which shows hes a good guy. The mind games was all part and parcel of football, trying to gain the edge.
    Lampard should take note because regardless of wether he said what he said to Klopp or Linders or anyone it showed a total lack of class.
    No manager should ever belittle another manager's achievements.
    I was always though the mind games were more a media creation.

If Fergie says nothing, the media would say "oooh I bet the opposing manager was expecting a response, but Sir Alex's silence is part of the mind games" - and if he did respond "oooh that will get under the opposing managers skin - a masterstroke in mind games"

It was fuelled by Keegan's rant.

Fergie did have his crew of English managers who danced to his tune. I remember Allardyce saying that he didn't think anything of Rafa's gesture until Fergie called him up.

I read a report (it might be on here - I haven't read the whole thread) that Klopp, early in his managerial career, bumped into Fergie at a conference and they've always got on. Goes beyond the Liverpool/Utd thing.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Kudos Kloppo

Chris Wilder a honourable mention

@vin - I've seen the report of that meeting at the conference too. Think Fergie would have been made up to get Klopp to United.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Agree Vin, there was the Sir Alex fan club. It consisted of Bruce,Allardyce and Redknapp to name a few. They absolutely kissed his arse to embarrassment but I think that was on their count rather than his. Allardyce has never been short of embarrassing moments, an absolute wally.
    Hodgson too, the absolute fuckwitt rang him to ask if he was ok with him taking the job. As if. First and biggest mistake of taking the LFC job - admitting to that
    Last edited by teesred; 28th July 2020 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @vin - I've seen the report of that meeting at the conference too. Think Fergie would have been made up to get Klopp to United.
    Theres a story that his wife convinced him not to take the job because it didnt feel right. I'd like to think that's true.